Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide To Using Bittorrent

Ok cool guide but BT is pretty easy to use but i had 2 ques im downloading a file and for the time left it says 15:20:49:42 that seems huge how exactly would u read that???? Also Say im downloading and i shut BT i can resume it but does my rating say the same or does it reset?

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    alright heres my thing.....: i used to have bit torrent, and everything was

good (i could just click on a torrent file and it would automatically download) But

then my roadrunner got turned off for like 4-5 months, and i guess i deleted it

(my bittorrent program), why i dont know. but now i got my road runner turned

back on and i just installed another bit torrent program but i cant figure out how

to download the torrent files, i mean ill click on the torrent link and my windos

media player comes up saying some bullshit.... So can one of you guys that

know what the hell your doin,, Tell me what the hell i need to be doing

--------------- I'D REALLY ADPERICIATE IT THANKS ALOT---------------

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    Poster
    @freak, no idea how to read that i'm guessing its ment to be 15 hours 20 min and 49 sec, however if you take your speed and the size of the file you can work out the approx time quite easily.

And when you resume a shared file you do not keep your shared rating, because it resets the upload back to zero.

@skyhg99999, i'd really have to know what bittorrent program you were trying to install. If you tell me i'll try and hel you.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    Originally posted by skyhgh99999@27 September 2003 - 03:09
    alright heres my thing.....: i used to have bit torrent, and everything was

good (i could just click on a torrent file and it would automatically download) But

then my roadrunner got turned off for like 4-5 months, and i guess i deleted it

(my bittorrent program), why i dont know. but now i got my road runner turned

back on and i just installed another bit torrent program but i cant figure out how

to download the torrent files, i mean ill click on the torrent link and my windos

media player comes up saying some bullshit....  So can one of you guys that

know what the hell your doin,,  Tell me what the hell i need to be doing

--------------- I'D REALLY ADPERICIATE IT THANKS ALOT---------------

i just downloaded BT so i am very much a noob, but this one thing i observed. the torrent and the actual download are different files. so what you are clicking on is the download file. the actual torent file should be in the temp internet folder, or you'll have to go to the website and download the torrent again, then choose the exact same directory where the download file is at and it should resume the download. makes more sense downloading the torrent itself to the hard drive.

ok, time for my question.

i have a 10kbps max connection, and it seems to me that unlike what is said here, the upload speed reduces the download speed in my case. anyway, i just wanted to know if there is any way to limit the upload speed?

i can just experiment around until i find a nice compromise so that i can serve as well as get served equally [right now, upload speed 7, download speed 3..data downloaded 3.5mb and data uploaded 3.3 mb ] it seems to me that it is downloading only enough to let it upload some more ...this can take forever to download.

15:20:49:42
    seems to me like 15 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes, 42 seconds. but i may be wrong

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    muchspl2
    sounds like your being chocked by a firewall or router
    should get shadows client, and you can limit your upload whit it
    + its color coded, if it stays yellow ,then your behind a firewall/router and you will have to open up ports
    6881-6889
    http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/download.html

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    thankd dude..i am downloading the shadows client right now

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    Originally posted by muchspl2@3 October 2003 - 04:46
    sounds like your being chocked by a firewall or router
    should get shadows client, and you can limit your upload whit it
    + its color coded, if it stays yellow ,then your behind a firewall/router and you will have to open up ports
    6881-6889
    http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/download.html
    ive opened up the said ports but im still getting a yellow status.....any other thing i should look out for?

thanks

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    muchspl2
    if you gox xp, turn off the built in firewall, if you want a good firewall get zonalarm, zygate, outpost
    those are the best and you can import the bad ip list, but thats just for security
    also sometimes it just takes awhile to turn green, but if its yelllow all the time and your not getting speeds at or better than kazza (depending on seed,peers ect)
    something is not configerd right

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    thanks mate, im tinkering with it right now

nope, im not using XP's firewall, im using a router...my d/l is just 1kB and u/l is 9kB........

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    Poster
    Ok ,I started using bit torrent, downloads are going fine but how do I know that I am sharing and at what speeds? Are the settings related to set up of k-lite++ or are they set some other way? Sorry If the Question is newbish but I can not seem to find it written anywhere. Please explain as I have over 200 gigs in movies rotating on my 80 gig drive to share

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast