Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vectoral transfer speeds

Poster BT Rep: +3
    The speeds up and down on the server are sick. The problem is when i am trying to transfer from the server to my computer. They are sooo slow. Can anyone take a stab at why that may be.

There is an off chance my internet connection is jacked. Has gone out a few times but speed tests still show it should be much much faster.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ur comp is the limiting factor. even tho the speed test shows u should get (i.e) 800 kbps up, u may only get 80. thats my case

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    for one thing, the server is based in europe. I don't know where you live, but it you are in the us or eastern asia, geography may be a factor. Another possibility is your means of transfer. What are you using? If you are using ftp/http, which server are you using? I HOPE you aren't using sftp as that will significantly reduce your speeds. If you're using ftp, your client might be an issue too. Not all ftp clients are created equally, same as any software.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    for one thing, the server is based in europe. I don't know where you live, but it you are in the us or eastern asia, geography may be a factor. Another possibility is your means of transfer. What are you using? If you are using ftp/http, which server are you using? I HOPE you aren't using sftp as that will significantly reduce your speeds. If you're using ftp, your client might be an issue too. Not all ftp clients are created equally, same as any software.

I am in the US but we get 12 down and i can't seem to break 200 KB/s when downloading files. Location shouldn't have that big of a toll on it.

I am using FTP to transfer and i also tried http, both had the same results. I will try another FTP client now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyaba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post

I am in the US but we get 12 down and i can't seem to break 200 KB/s when downloading files. Location shouldn't have that big of a toll on it.

I am using FTP to transfer and i also tried http, both had the same results. I will try another FTP client now.
    Increase the number of allowed connections both on your FTP server & your FTP client.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    FTPRush from all I have read is supposed to be the fastest of the ftp clients, although I use filezilla and configure it for multiple transfers (10) and this gets the data down quickly enough.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I allowed more connections but im still not getting anything faster. Its a single file so i doubt the connection would help that. It will probably on rars though.

I am currently using Filezilla as well.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    use ws_ftp for your server

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    what platform is ws_ftp for cause my server is linux

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    for linux, try proftpd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast