Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peer Gurdian 1.98b

Iridium,
    Much obliged for the script. Efficiency and parsimony combined.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    how is peer guardian different from blocking bad IP ranges which is included in klite?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by ninjamonkey@26 July 2003 - 03:15
    how is peer guardian different from blocking bad IP ranges which is included in klite?
    In theory the BannedIPRanges in KL++ is better since it is also supposed to block UDP, which PG doesn't. Though KL++ has no log.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    chalkmongoose
    I think that Peerguardian is useless. Anything it can do can be done better with a good corporate firewall like one that norton provides, and a list of DOS commands.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    ninjamonkey,
    K-lite K++2.41 was released 7/22. Peer Guardian was upgraded to 1.981b according to their website on 7/20. Since the dates are so close, I was assuming that K-lite 2.41 contained to previous ver of PG. If anyone knows for sure which ver of PG is contained in K++ 2.41 can you let me know? The reason this may be relevant is that there were changes made to the logging functions in PG 1.981b. But, regardless of the PG upgrade, as everyone knows, the IP addresses will continuously need to be upgraded.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 04:12
    I think that Peerguardian is useless. Anything it can do can be done better with a good corporate firewall like one that norton provides, and a list of DOS commands.
    Agreed, I import the IP's into my Zone Alarm 4.0, and it is much more effective.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by Bobohiotk@26 July 2003 - 21:07
    ninjamonkey,
    K-lite K++2.41 was released 7/22. Peer Guardian was upgraded to 1.981b according to their website on 7/20. Since the dates are so close, I was assuming that K-lite 2.41 contained to previous ver of PG. If anyone knows for sure which ver of PG is contained in K++ 2.41 can you let me know?
    Peer Guardian is NOT built into KL++, KL++ has an IP blocker built in that is similar to PG and at the time of being made used the current IP list from the PG Database.

The only concern anyone should have is how often they should update the IP list in it, for more info read http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...t=0#entry387264.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Peer Guardian is NOT built into KL++, KL++ has an IP blocker built in that is similar to PG and at the time of being made used the current IP list from the PG Database.

The only concern anyone should have is how often they should update the IP list in it, for more info read http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.p...=0#entry387264.
    Reality,
    Thanks for the clarification.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    If there is one thing that PG needs its an automatic updater!

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    If there is one thing that PG needs its an automatic updater!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123