Thread: New compurter or TV ?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ok trick question as I rarely watch tv , I was thinking of this setup with my Xmas bonus . Nice case , mobo . seems like a high end vid card was wondering what you people thought ?

Link : http://www.alinx.ca/flyer.asp

Its the p4 super plus one , thought it was everything I would need for a year or two . I hav' nt had a new computer for a few years , I always updated or piece mealed my setup up .

Just thought I'd ask here as hav'nt yet decided .

Here's a different option but don't need the monitor ...... Slaco only cuts 150 '00 bucks sans monitor off tho thought what a plick .

It was the Soleria - 8295 .

http://www.slacocomputer.com/systems.shtml#8xxx
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-23-2007 at 06:58 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I would definetaly choose the PC

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What OS do they install on these?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Tv :p

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    What OS do they install on these?
    They don't Clocker , unless you have a key then pick your poison . I would install XP Pro Black as I know that well . I thought about Vista or XP 64 bit but probably just XP Pro .

Clocker some stores offer a partition with shit programs or your own disk you provide as you know . I'v had a few white box stores that for warranty purposes I have to give them a key so "they" install but most will just take a Corp. key . I then take it home and format .........

The link's in question will just give you the parts and you build yourself if so desired , I just never saw much of an advantage in price to do it . You know knock a couple of hundred bucks and maybe you have a deal . I'm still amazed at the low cost these days and why build yourself when the deals are there .

Clocker add $ 150 .00 CND for Vista Ultimate CD , I phoned just to see and asked if I got a cd to keep . Not that I would need it but some would . I'm assuming its a OME license ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-23-2007 at 10:11 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    You could always use one of the many vista releases on the net and do it up with "Vista Loader" which is a bios patch and has nothing to do with drivers like the "PATHEON" crack.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Get a PC , after all you can do more things with pc .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    vlcoq's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    although TV have longer 'moral' age
    right now there is still a fight between LCD and plasma and evolution is at high pace right now

buy a computer and next time situation with TVs will be more clean
    thats my advice