Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: account trading ! why com rep's hates it

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by sina1260 View Post
    lol, i guess discussion is finished
    hopefully, because you won't get the point anyway.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post

It's not for you or your inviter to decide weather an account can be given away or not (remember that in the end, no matter how silly or incoherent it may appear, it is a rule that you should follow).
    yeah i know. you have to follow the rule and all, but i still disagree. you cant agree on everything now can you?

kallieb: i'm not talking about account trading but giving away. but i can see your point.

rules are rules ha? lol, i guess discussion is finished
    Well, you can't agree on all of course, but I think you can agree when you understand what's the reasoning behind a certain rule (I said it may appear to be silly or incoherent, but that is only if you don't understand what's the reason for that rule's existence).

The debate came to a 'rules are rules and you must follow' because, as kallieb said, if you don't care for the tracker and the persons involved in your tree (and if you don't understand the 'why'), then you can't be convinced otherwise.

What I'm trying to say is that, yes, those are the rules and we must follow them, but there is a coherent reason behind them, and when we understand that, it's not difficult or annoying to play by the rules. But as I said before, I see that you're not convinced with the explanations, so I guess we're just have to leave it there hehe.

This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    well account trading and selling will always be there ,no matter what...well people r differnt from one another...whatz right for someone will not be right for some one else...its just what it is.. the sooner rep's accept the fact....the easier it will ... with good comes bad...and rules will always be broken.. people always make mistakes...
    we live in a beautifull world....and nothing last forever...today some community is really good..and tommorow it will be some other community..i think the community rep's should just stop acting like its a sin using a traded account....yes selling an invite or account u can justify its wrong...but not trading...its like stock markets......u just cant fight human nature.....

and speaking of rules....if everyone followed rules i dont think the bt community or a lot of intersting things in this world would exist..rules r meant to be broken..and some one or the other will break it..if not u and me.

example:
    how many of the exoinkers got invited to waffles just by submitting proof...without trading for sumthng else..a hand full..

anwyas its jsut my humble opinion...and i am a nobody
    Last edited by stitched; 11-23-2007 at 06:19 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    lilpiggie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    if you are having a party and invite your friend. you open the door and a stranger is standing there ready to crash your party. he tells you he comes on behalf of your friend.

-what would you think of your friend?
    -would you let the stranger in?

Great example, very easy to relate to. One of my first account s on (think it was OiNK but I'm not sure - years ago) was disabled, not because I didn't maintain a decent ratio or because I broke the any rules! Very upset I went to the irc channel where they told me that it had been disabled because the guy who invited were caught cheating - At first I found it unfair, but then again how could they know that I wasn't just one of his low-life cheating friends!

If you trade you account you're not respecting the person who invited you.. and any other person in the invite tree..

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Rules? Strange one that...

Rules should be broken. The other day, I decided to drive on the opposite side of the road, just because I wanted to. Unfortunately, I hit an oncoming car, wiping out an entire family.

That wasn't the end of it though. Further along my journey, a lollipop lady walked out into the road with a stop sign, so that she could allow some kiddies to cross. Bugger that, I thought, and applied pressure to the accelerator (gas) and mowed them all down, because rules are meant to be broken.

So, why do these stupid politicians make rules for. Someone did mention about anarchy, when no one knows what the other person is doing. Apparently, an ordered society is one where a set of rules are created to ensure that we all pull in the same direction.

Many call these rules etiquette. For example, when someone gives you something, you say 'Thank you', not 'Go get stuffed'. You open a door for a lady, not slam it in her face. You take care of your children and attempt to keep them out of harms way (unless your Michael Jackson who loves dangling children from high balconies).

Even on a more general note, we all tend to drive on the same side of the road as each other. We wait while the person in front is being served (queueing). We accept direction from police officers who attempt to maintain order for the bulk of us.

There are conditions for all things in life. We don't buy a car then dictate to the car salesman which order we want the pedals placed. They comes as Accelerator, Brake and Clutch, and always will. We don't get on a bus or coach, then tell the driver where we want to go, as they have set routes.

These rules are enforced, so if we do contradict the rules, such as forcing the coach driver, at gunpoint, to go our own route, then the police will arrest us (or shoot us).

It is no different to a torrent site account (or a library card). Each account has been created for the individual concerned. We wouldn't offer our medical slot to a stranger, so why offer an account slot. Who knows what damage could be done in our own name?

It's called respect. We respect that rules are required so that we can all co-exist in harmony. Without rules, life would be a much different place.

Scenario. Imagine a world without rules, where the RIAA decides to send out assassins rather than sue filesharers. Imagine having a gun pointed at you, and being ordered to buy their latest CD, or suffer the consequences.

Damn... Even if we do away with the sane rules, organisations like the RIAA would then enforce their insane rules, so we don't get away from rules at all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    ^^ Bravo - well said as usual.

One point to clarify. I do not distinguish between account trading and account giveaway. Neither example is appropriate for the reasons mentioned above.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    I don't know your friend, how trusted can he be, what's his background, where he's been... I don't know him and I can't trust him, period. If you trust him so much, then invite him, don't give him the account that was meant to be for you and only for you.
    ohh... so if i invite him then you can trust him???? but if i give him the account then you suddenly dont know about his background or who he is?! its not like you did in the first place.

however about what you said that my inviter does not want anyone else to use my account then thats another story. i agree. but what if he agrees about me giving away the account? then what?
    If you invite him, you are responsible for him, and his actions on the site, cheating, trading, bad ratio etc hence why the old adage of only invite someone you know always prevails.

If you give him an account, you are not responsible for him in any way, the inviter of that account is (and if its a traded account god knows where it started), so anything can be done without any respect or due diligence to anyone further up, or further down, the tree as the new account holder will prob not know anyone in that tree.

Society does not allow you to absolve yourself of all responsibilities, or there would be no society to talk of, all your actions have consequences and in this case account trading (which includes giving away for free with or without the inviters consent without anything expected in return) is not allowed and which is why it is written in the rules.

Ignorance of the rules is no defence for breaking the rules either.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234