Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Is The Best Bittorrent Client ?

1) Burst - http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/torrent

2) PTC - http://ptc.sourceforge.net

3) Azureus Java Client - http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/

4) The SHAD0W's EXPERIMENTAL S-5.2.1 - http://bt.degreez.net/

Explain whey you think its the bast ...

Edit: add a link to the BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.2 site ...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Fasttracker A
    Personally I just use the experimental if you know how to use, it works just great.
    If it aint broke dont fix it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    BitTorrent-experimental-S-5.2-w32install.exe is the one I am currently using.

I got it from suprnova.org btw... its very nice. a newer version of the old experimental. it allows you to pause, which is great for me, say im seeding, or dling, and i want to play counter strike, i can just pause, and then resume after, instead of re opening, and rechecking the file again, etc, etc...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    You are telling me you don't like to play counter-strike while all of you upload is being used up? Isn't a high ping a good thing?

I use the experimental one too. Also got it from supernova.org

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I use the experimental one now
    its gr8 to have the "pause" op ...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Canīt really add anything, only that I use the experimental chap and am quite happy with it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hmm...Maybe I should try the experimental then

But seriously though - The official is fine with me. BitTorrent is unique to me in that it's the only P2P software which I haven't felt the need to get another edition than the original to use on a network. (e.g. KL for FastTrack, eMule for Sharedonkey. Closest to that fact is Soulseek - But I use Isle as well as the original).

I think most people's trust in the experimental has shattered this debate...and damn right it should B)

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I use Burst R3 because the minimum upload speed you can set for each torrent is 10KBs, which is a great idea imo.

PTC was good for a week or so until it didnt like my tracker, not sure why though but wouldnt work at all, also you can set the upload speed as low as 1KBs which imo is just harmful to the whole idea of bittorrent.

I have downloaded azureas(sp) as this is supposed to be very good, but havnt installed it yet as i dont have java installed on here and cant be bothered to register for it

Ive also tried the new experimental version but didnt like it as much as Burst R3. fair enough the burst download window is a dos box but you can hide it completely from view so its next to the clock. i just think that Burst is the best all round torrent client at the minute.

stoi

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Originally posted by nahan@21 July 2003 - 10:01
    Personally I just use the experimental if you know how to use, it works just great.
    If it aint broke dont fix it.
    I register to the "FASTTRACKER a.k.a. Private BT Tracker" i hope you will let me in is ther any thing i need to do to get in ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Fasttracker A
    We pride ourselves on being a nice little community ,and we only allow broadband.Sorry no 56 kers
    So other than having broadband your pretty much automatically accepted after registration.

So on behalf of the members of FASTTRACKER welcome.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast