Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broadband

Keikan's Avatar ........
    With the introduction of "file sharing" isp's who have "unlimited" acess are not very unlimited anymore. Before p2p programs isps were unlimited you could download all you want upload all you want. Now cable and dsl companies have limits averaging around the 4,5,6gb area for downloading and around 2gb for uploading. (It varies on your isp duh)

Ofcourse now maybe you don't download 6 gigs of music on kazaa (maybe you do)
    You have also forgotten the other things you do on the internet do you surf the internet? Look at your temporary internet files after 1 month and it could get pretty big. What about that streaming video you were watching? What about that windows update you got? What about that big game patch? What about that big ass mod you got for your game? What about all those misc downloads? And you will see it ALL adds up, and 1 month is a pretty long time.

Uploading; now you might not have a ftp/http server but what about when your on kazaa? Some people leave kazaa 24/7 how many uploads can you have in 24hrs? And again it adds up...

Now it adds up to quickly and broadband companies are getting greedy so the next time you hear "UNLIMITED" cable or dsl think again....
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i think one example is BT, sign up to a new ISP and leave your current ISP with a harsh message - that'll learn 'em

my recommended site of the month: ISPReview (UK)
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    again, for the UK go to http://www.adslguide.org.uk and look for an uncapped ISP. I pay about £20 per month for 512/256 ADSL and I have no limits at all. (Well, i sometimes run out of ideas for movies, but that don't count )
    <insert signature here>

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    again, for the UK go to http://www.adslguide.org.uk and look for an uncapped ISP. I pay about £20 per month for 512/256 ADSL and I have no limits at all. (Well, i sometimes run out of ideas for movies, but that don&#39;t count&nbsp; )
    which ISP is that

mine is near enuff the same speed but i pay 28.99

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Dapadipz@14 July 2003 - 16:46
    again, for the UK go to http://www.adslguide.org.uk and look for an uncapped ISP. I pay about £20 per month for 512/256 ADSL and I have no limits at all. (Well, i sometimes run out of ideas for movies, but that don&#39;t count )
    which ISP is that

mine is near enuff the same speed but i pay 28.99
    Yeah, same here. I pay £18.99 per month for 512/256, but sometimes I think I&#39;m on 4Mbps, yesterday I was downloading at 460KB/s and today for like 2 secs, I was at 3MB/s .

No software to crappy software that ruins your PC; they just hand over the advanced details and configure your ADSL modem yourself&#33; It&#39;s a "wires-only" service, so you buy the modem etc. yourself if you feel like it, that&#39;s what I did and I have a top-of-the-range ADSL modem for £20.

Installation is £55, microfilters cost around £10, but you can get some for a fiver.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    what ISPs are doing this?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Wel ZEN isp is a good one, grab that if you wanna change.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think sbc is still unlimited

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I use Plus Net, though reading the link I gave, free24 is being launched in August, and will offer £27.50 for 1 Mbit with only £30 activation. I fancy a change
    <insert signature here>

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    You all live in UK and i live in canada with only 2 choices shaw, telus
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast