Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Give Up On Vista

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    To each their own.

I like XP, I'm playing with Vista.

I'm not particularly interested in arsing about with computers to make them work. So the simplicity and ubiquitousness of Windows appeals to me.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Sextent View Post
    To each their own.

I like XP, I'm playing with Vista.

I'm not particularly interested in arsing about with computers to make them work. So the simplicity and ubiquitousness of Windows appeals to me.
    That's precisely what I'm doing, but with a bit of the arsing about thrown in.

I would like to arse about with Linux; see what there is to see.

Maybe dual-boot my laptop, if I get a bigger HDD.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    size isn't everything j2k5

4. Lounge   -   #34
    There's nowt to see mate. An operating system which is more difficult to set up and use. Far inferior support for drivers etc and a minute fraction of the software available.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider_dude View Post
    size isn't everything j2k5
    Except when it is, Spiderd_oode.

There's nowt to see mate. An operating system which is more difficult to set up and use. Far inferior support for drivers etc and a minute fraction of the software available.
    Yes, but I do like a bit of arsing about, as I said earlier.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Dabbler

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I've been running Vista for some time now.
    It's really a good OS. It really takes a lot of computer power compared to XP but if your system has the right specs it really is faster and more stable than XP.

I'm glad MS went the direction they did. It will force manufactures to raise their products to a new standard. When things catch up, the complaints will be a distant memory.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It actually takes 45-90 or so minutes to install XP/Vista (depending how fast your computer is), while it only takes 15-25 minutes to install the latest release of Ubuntu or Fedora... The only problem with Linux drivers is when it comes to very old hardware and also ATI and NVIDIA graphic cards, but that has been fixed and improved just recently when both companies release stable Linux drivers for their cards... Linux also has great alternatives to Windows softwares, such as OpenOffice (FREE), GIMP image editor (FREE), Pidgin AIM/MSN/Yahoo/etc. all-in-one chat client (FREE), and other applications (FREE)... You can also install and run your favorite Windows softwares (Photoshop, uTorrent, etc.) and games in Linux using Wine.

But it's all matter of choice of course, and everyone should stick with their OS that they're most comfortable with.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Now go away.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    I consider all software free, as does everyone else here. So putting it in capital letters isn't really a big selling point.

If I could easily get my wireless connection to work and connect me to the internets then I would play with linux.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast