Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peace In The Middle East?

Poster
    for your information, this problem did not start when prime minister Rabin was killed it started way before, I'd say since Israel has become a state, even before prime minister Rabbin was killed there were bombings and other terrorist attacks. and that is what the palestinians started.
    I'm not trying to say that EVRYTHING the israelie's do have been good.and I am for surlly not saying that Sharon is the guys we need, but is there anyone else? who would you vote for?? there is no one normall in our gorverment.
    Both Israel and the palestinians are making MANY mistakes (even though there are some few things they can do right, I'm just not sure what they are)
    But the road map is not going to help solve those problems! the attacks will continue. And I don't know if there is anything that WILL help.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by brynasmith@22 July 2003 - 06:59
    what did the isarelies do to ruin the peace?? I live in Israel and it seams to me that it's the palestinains who are ruining the "peace" that was before (not that there was any peace to begin with)
    Do I smell a rat ?

You say you live in Israel, yet you cannot spell Israeli, or Palestinian ?
    Your timezone is not the board default, but it is also not that of Israel.

Please explain yourself.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by brynasmith@23 July 2003 - 06:54
    for your information, this problem did not start when prime minister Rabin was killed it started way before, I'd say since Israel has become a state, ... And I don't know if there is anything that WILL help.
    you had asked what israelis had done to ruin the peace process

i answered you
    if you want to live in some fools paradise of blind ignorance, only blaming 'the other' for the troubles :: go ahead
    but it won't help anyone
    it takes two to tango
    there isn't a situation of terrorist trouble between the chinese and the tibetans to a great degree because the dalai lama will not enter into conflict
    the murder of rabin is just one incident in a long history of mistakes, it didn't begin the trouble, but it sure didn't go anyway to stop them either

israel under rabin had a powerful leader seeking to find a solution to the troubles, and he was killed by his own, for me it serves as a prime example of how israelis have contributed to the continuance of the violence

if you don't like the answer to the question, why ask it?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i think, if bush was to have nothing to do with it, that everything would work out

he seems to ruin things...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by echidna@23 July 2003 - 03:35

there isn't a situation of terrorist trouble between the chinese and the tibetans to a great degree because the dalai lama will not enter into conflict
    Not only the Dalai Lama, but the Tibetan folk are Budhhistic. Now that would be the solution for the problems in the Middle east and for the world in general. Only problem is how to convince the combatents?

Israelis would no longer have a God that had given them "the promised land." The Palestinians (Islam) would have nowhere to spread their religion to.

I think we better leave it as it is, without the violence.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@23 July 2003 - 06:11
    Israelis would no longer have a God that had given them "the promised land.
    Israel says that Palestine was given to them by God and the proof is in the bible.

Well I think that contract is nothing but hearsay and is invalid as it isn't signed.

Neil

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    ther wil have to be peace soon cos otherwise, the US will not contact israel or palestine.
    plus, if there wont be peace, ill have to go to the army...

tralalala

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Looking kind of grim at the moment.

Al Aqsa and Hamas, as usual.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12