Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peace In The Middle East?

Poster
    do you think the road map is going to work in Israel???
    I'm not so sure. Whats you opinion?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    All maps are made for travelers who want to go somewhere. The chances are that both sides have a different map and want to go to different destinations.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    wow thats deep
    *sarcasm*

But seriously I can't see it working out, one of the extremist groups will eventually do something to disrupt it, I'm fairly sure they'll never accept any kind of Israeli state.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@21 July 2003 - 09:03

But seriously I can't see it working out, one of the extremist groups will eventually do something to disrupt it, I'm fairly sure they'll never accept any kind of Israeli state.
    The implication from your post is that only the Palestinians have extremists, or are likely to disrupt the peace process.

Is this how you really feel ?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    No, but from what i've seen (almost certainly biased) it seems like it is mainly the palestinians who are so strongly divided into factions and these extremist factions seem to operate a lot more independently of the Palestinian government than Israeli groups do from their government . Overall i do feel it is more likely that the Palestinian groups will disrupt this current peace process (by disrupt i mean by terrorist means, not through political reshaping).

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    I agree with you the palastinians will object and they will show that by doing more terror attacks.
    There are also Israelies that will object but they will show it in a diffrent way: protests ect. or they will just have elections again, thats what they do in Israel, people don't like what the goverment is doing so we have ellections about ever year. It's crazy.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Although i agree that Hamas is the most likely to disrupt this "roadmap", as its an extremist religious organisation, not a nationalist one...

I also feel the need to point out it was the Israeli's that ripped up the last peace agreement and started the current round of troubles of (and making Hamas as "popular" as it is today by doing so)

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    what did the isarelies do to ruin the peace?? I live in Israel and it seams to me that it's the palestinains who are ruining the "peace" that was before (not that there was any peace to begin with)

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    No offence, but that's exactly what the Palestinians believe about Israelis.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by brynasmith@22 July 2003 - 15:59

what did the isarelies do to ruin the peace??
    brynasmith, if you can't see how helicopter gun-ship attacks and tanks, APCs and armoured bulldozers ruin peace then you are very blind
    it wasn't a palestinian who murdered prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, it was a jewish israeli
    since israel birthed itself through war and occupation it has no peace to return to, it is a creature of war
    the very election of sharon as prime minister was an extremely damaging event to relations with the palestinians [a man of peace my ass, the only peace sharon has brought is the peace of the dead] the continual expansion of illegal settlements continues along with the water theft and road building

maybe the information you have been exposed to in israel is no good, try reading;
    israel.indymedia & palestine.indymedia

i think that the map having been authored by the USA will make palestinians not trust it and make israel feel it doesn't need to comply

this is not the sort of fence to build if you want to have good relations with your neighbours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast