Thread: Is It Right To 'steal' Music?

ummmmmmmm
    i use kazaa to DL music
    ive alwey used kazaa, winmx, soulseek, irc, bit torrent, etc etc for music and not goto gay ass music sites w/ ads like music.yahoo.com or watch gay ass muchmusic or mtv on tv, and i never listin to the radio
    when i DL a song, i dont consider it stealing because im not taking an onject, and some1 else can still buy it and use it
    when u 'steal' a song, nothing is lost, but nothing is gainned
    when u buy a CD, they make money, when u dont buy it, they dont
    saying DLing mp3s is 'stealing' is just them trying to make more money
    if i couldnt DL music, i wouldnt buy more, i still buy some music but i wouldnt even buy that if i never DLed songs off the net because i never cared for music till i startded seeing it on the net, and sence i had nothing to luse, i tryed it, liked it, and kep doing it
    i have over 800 MP3s and i have like 8 CDs lmao but if i had 0 mp3s, ide have 0 CDs to...
    so stuff like kazaa is alweys good and ppl r gay who say its not
    there trying to do all this stuff to stop 'piracy' and 'stealing' music... but they never will, shit like irc and bit torrent theyd have to shut down each and every host for it... there is a lot, and any1 can just start a new 1
    i donno why i even sayed all this i guess its cause my dad sayd me stealing music is wrong... but then he gos and records rented movies... wtf :-/
    blah, i hope ppl reply w/ there opionyons on what i said
    and sorry for spelling... i am dyslexic.........

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    NO!

You should be ashamed of yourself for stealing!!!!

Go turn yourself in to the police right this moment!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, better get yourself a good lawyer dude.
    You're in deep sh*t now!!!

j/k

Wtf did you think we would say?
    We pay for our music?
    ROFLMAO!!!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    xactly! if there was kno such thing as kazaa or otha file sharin programes i wudnt b buyin cds i cudnt afford them neway, i wud jus listen 2 radio allot more or music channels people still gonna recored them off there neway, and another thing y do companys like "sony" make mp3players or mini disc players, they kno how we will get r music 4 them is stupid!
    and like windows media player made by "microsoft" lets us rip tracks off cds again they kno wat we r gonna do with the music files!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    if music maker ppl dont want ppl to steal there music so they make more money off it, give a reason for them not to steal it or want the CD more, like i only bot the new LP CD cause it came w/ a DVD and tshirt lmao
    and software its the same, only software i payed for was partishion magic cause i needed it to access my good HDD form win98 to get XP back running, and i had tons of 'pirated' software on there to
    if mp3s r so bad, why is there players as part of windows to play them, hell most OSes come w/ a media player...
    if i never had the net for music, then i wouldnt have no music it all... none... but sence i got the net, i can find artits i like and get other ppl to buy me there stuff and if i never had pirated software and shit on my HDD, ide of never got my mum to buy me partishion magic lmao
    and if i couldnt get good software for free, i wouldnt have it all, and if i didnt have it i would get bored of the comp and never use it sence i use it, i get shit for it, so ppl make money off it, money is still made w/ priated software
    like open soruce software, they dont make money direct off it, but money is still made

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    IamCool
    uhh

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Personaly its both got it's up and downs. If the music Industry didn't rip us off so much then I wouldn't be downloading music off artists. The artist only gets like $2 of the $30 you pay for the CD its ridiculous so I say its OK who cares some Artist like it. If I was an artist I would love that fact that people were downlaoding my music and enjoying becasue its not about money its about music.

Ok so now you say what if thats your job???

Ok what If your a no name artist You spread your stuff on the net all of a sudden everyone starts to listen too it and likes it and word gets around.

All some people download a album and think ok its great I feel like buying the real thing now with the covers and all the RIAA don't think about this.

and if your downlaoding of a famous artist lets say Metallica for instance well who cares??? there million airs?? so why should they have more money??

I personaly havn't bought a CD in nearly 2 years now and will continue not too

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by anime_bum@16 July 2003 - 06:40
    ummmmmmmm
    i use kazaa to DL music
    ive alwey used kazaa, winmx, soulseek, irc, bit torrent, etc etc for music and not goto gay ass music sites w/ ads like music.yahoo.com or watch gay ass muchmusic or mtv on tv, and i never listin to the radio
    when i DL a song, i dont consider it stealing because im not taking an onject, and some1 else can still buy it and use it
    when u 'steal' a song, nothing is lost, but nothing is gainned
    when u buy a CD, they make money, when u dont buy it, they dont
    saying DLing mp3s is 'stealing' is just them trying to make more money
    if i couldnt DL music, i wouldnt buy more, i still buy some music but i wouldnt even buy that if i never DLed songs off the net because i never cared for music till i startded seeing it on the net, and sence i had nothing to luse, i tryed it, liked it, and kep doing it
    i have over 800 MP3s and i have like 8 CDs lmao but if i had 0 mp3s, ide have 0 CDs to...
    so stuff like kazaa is alweys good and ppl r gay who say its not
    there trying to do all this stuff to stop 'piracy' and 'stealing' music... but they never will, shit like irc and bit torrent theyd have to shut down each and every host for it... there is a lot, and any1 can just start a new 1
    i donno why i even sayed all this i guess its cause my dad sayd me stealing music is wrong... but then he gos and records rented movies... wtf :-/
    blah, i hope ppl reply w/ there opionyons on what i said
    and sorry for spelling... i am dyslexic.........
    You are completely right and you father is wrong!
    YOu don't steal music, you just take what is rightfully yours: you make for your previous expandetures, remember the moment when you had bought your first CD? Did you pay a fair price or the greedy corporations' price? No need to guess, really, everyone knows the answer!
    It's them who had been robbing your for years! But now we can stop it once and for all... So continue to download & to share and greedy transnational corporations will eventually fall! Let's make them, RIAA and other lawyer assholes a part of the history!