Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: HDbits account disabled?

barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    I really don't care about your opinion. So,pls tell me how were you using hdbits when you couldn't find 1gb a month to download from site dedicated to downloading stuff? That's one episode of herose/pb/whatever...1 episode per month. And now you're bitchin.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    erunestian's Avatar Darkness and Wonder BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by barakokula View Post
    I think the members who only take get banned. And the users who only collect trackers so they can have them, should be banned. If you don't use it,lose it. I hope more trackers will follow this example.
    I didn't collect that tracker, I just uploaded too much...

And please tell me, what harm those who seed a lot do to the trackers? And even if they really are collectors but do seed a lot, aren't they helpful?

So,pls tell me how were you using hdbits when you couldn't find 1gb a month to download from site dedicated to downloading stuff?
    Was that 1GB download/month even a rule? Or they are introducing it after they disable lots of accounts...
    Last edited by erunestian; 11-26-2007 at 09:06 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    torrent sites are meant to download from not keep warm...
    if you dont use 'em - close 'em , so other people will enjoy it.
    there is no use the site nor members having inactive members.
    as active members help active members holding their ratios,downloads and content

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    haha, how many people we have here with such high ethics.........

the fact people are bitching at is they offer lots of freeleech torrents but it's not counted as activity, not that they never used the account and got banned.

so get off your high horse and read topics fully before posting.
    Last edited by KinkyAfro; 11-26-2007 at 10:37 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by erunestian View Post
    I didn't collect that tracker, I just uploaded too much...

And please tell me, what harm those who seed a lot do to the trackers? And even if they really are collectors but do seed a lot, aren't they helpful?
    Bcs they take someone's place there. Someone who is legitametly interested in what a tracker has to offer,but can't get in.
    We are talking about specialized tracker,not a general,people are(should be) there bcs they are interestest in hd.

Why are you there,spending money and time,building a buffer you'll never use? It could be that you are a giving philantropic person who likes to help out a fella torrenter to download faster,or it could be bcs you want to have invites/acc for trade,a hdbits power user in your sig,an access to some l33t forum ,whatever. IMHO,that's not a reason to be a part of a group that share the same specific interest,in both cases.
    If you want to help out and seed,try piratebay-god knows they need it.

Was that 1GB download/month even a rule? Or they are introducing it after they disable lots of accounts...
    Does it really matter? I mean,it's obvious you couldn't care less about hd if you can't find a gb worth of stuff to download in one month. A gb is nothing in hd terms.

Quote Originally Posted by KinkyAfro View Post
    haha, how many people we have here with such high ethics.........

the fact people are bitching at is they offer lots of freeleech torrents but it's not counted as activity, not that they never used the account and got banned.

so get off your high horse and read topics fully before posting.
    And your taste in movies/series is ALWAYS the same as a freelech section?
    Last edited by barakokula; 11-26-2007 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Tarniz's Avatar Torrent addict BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I just feel its a pitty. My account just been disabled. And i almost had that sweet +10GB bonus which would mean that i could download the HDDVDs ive wanted for a long time... but hey, now's my acc disabled.

I think rule at HDbits is fair. But it is not fair to ban people without warning them first.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    So,pls tell me how were you using hdbits when you couldn't find 1gb a month to download from site dedicated to downloading stuff?
    Yes this was a rule. Some months back it may even have been mentioned in a news entry, at least it ws discussed widely in their forums. They've been using that criteria on inactive users for some time and it's certainly nothing new.

One thing noone of you seems to understand. You weren't banned from the tracker if you were too inactive but your account merely got disabled to allow other people to use the tracker. This only makes sense on a tracker that is constantly living at the user limit. So, while you shouldn't expect a reactivation of your account, signing up with a new invite shouldn't be a problem.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    @ barakokula, i had over 30gbs downloaded in around 3 months and yeah nearly all of it was on the free leech's or free leech torrents. i would have happily ruined my ratio on non free torrents if i knew how it worked but i wasted my time trying make a buffer so i could get some of the bigger downloads on the site without ruining a ratio, silly me.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Icetoad
    I too was also building a ratio so that I would be able to get some of the larger sized torrents. Its hard to go about grabbing full uncompressed HD movies without at least 20gb of upload built up.

Is there anyone who could PM me the pass for the irc channel?

My user name was also Icetoad if that helps.

Why is it that my passkey still works if my account is disabled? They want me to keep uploading even though I can't download? heh
    Last edited by Icetoad; 11-27-2007 at 05:36 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    tealc

Urgent

hi there,

i'm an HDBits user for ~1 year.

my account has just been disabled today !!

are there people from HDBits here ?
    in fact, i would just find someone who can explain me the reason why it's been disabled ?!

L: tealc

i love this tracker/site/forum...
    my ratio was around 0.88, DL/UP around 300GB.
    & active almost every day.

can someone help me on this please ?
    i would really appreciate an explanation and/or a re-activation

thx a LOT

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast