Thread: Making My Own Avi Preview

Hey all,

Im wanting to make my own avi preview and im just wanting to know how it works i think you cache a file and add some tag info to it or something but i dont know. So if you could tell me how its done or have some source code (or write some pesto code) that could explain how it works or that i can study it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Jock Whiteside

ps. If you need to email anything to me email it to [email protected]

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yes, I've been waiting for this for a long time, a (currently external) replacement media player/previewer for KL internal media player/previewer. Jock, if you can make it, make sure you make it support as many formats supported in the K-Lite Codec Pack (all the codecs' formats) and KL internal media player/previewer (i.e. most audio and video formats, mainly mp3, wav, wma, avi, mpg, wmv, CD, VCD, SVCD, DVD, QuickTime, RealMedia and other rare formats etc., and also picture formats like bmp, gif, jpg/jpeg, png etc., as the internal previewer can "view" pictures as well, but can't preview them yet (integrating the KL Picture Previewer would be nice at this stage). Perhaps even a archive/disc image (zip/rar/ace/tar/gz/iso/cue/bin etc.) viewer/previewer can be integrated, so the contents of such files can be previewed, and the user can make a decision whether to continue downloading the file or not, and easily helps preventing fakes.) Other features of this program includes the "get more data" button, which is really helpful. I suggest this program be called "K-View" or something like that, since there is already K-Sig and K-Dat.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Hmmm i was only going to make a video palyer because im not very impressed by the ones out there but if there is enought intrest in a multi preview type program then i will be willing to make one.

But at the moment im only working on a video player that will be able to play/preview all the movie formats that i download which i can say is nearly all the types.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    cborga1985
    Originally posted by Jock Whiteside@12 July 2003 - 04:18
    Hmmm i was only going to make a video palyer because im not very impressed by the ones out there but if there is enought intrest in a multi preview type program then i will be willing to make one.

But at the moment im only working on a video player that will be able to play/preview all the movie formats that i download which i can say is nearly all the types.
    Just make sure yours has all the features from AVI Preview by AJ and more. Good luck and I would love to have another previewer because AVI Preview is not very good with certain file types.

A good option that I would want is to be able to control Contrast, Brightness, Hue, and Saturation or just Brightness and Contrast because some files have alot of darkness.

P.S. Hasnain could help you with the file infomation part.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    AVi Preview by AJ sux

please PMe if you do something then i'll try to help you finding some new futures

and send me this prog on email: [email protected]