Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download Manager

Poster
    I don't want to make a mistake on this one. But which download manger should I use. I came up with 3, but do add on to the list if they are preferable or why you think they are more efficient/better.

Or else, help me pick from this 3.
    • Flashget
    • Getright
    • Download Accelerator

In no particular order .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I think Flashget is the best

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    None of them. Download Express has no ad/spyware, is free, and does the job very well.

Highly recommended.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Flashget is the best.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I 've never tried Flashget but I've been using Download Accelerator for a couple of years now & it works great. It's easy to use,intergrates into your browser if you like. Also saves all your site passwords for you. Plus it downloads at my top speed all the time. Never had a problem with this program.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ex-member
    Download Express is free and is just as good as any of these.

Forget the rest.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I've been using Download Accelerator Plus for ages now, and it's very good despite the spyware but that's not a problem in any way, I zap the spyware with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy and everything's great. Very fast!!

What I wanna know though, is which download manager will auto resume if my line gets dropped? I'm on 56k dial up unfortunately and DAP will need to be manually resumed if I lose connection - not very good if I'm sound asleep in bed and leave something to DL overnight.

Any advice?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I've been using Download Accelerator Plus for ages now, and it's very good despite the spyware but that's not a problem in any way, I zap the spyware with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy and everything's great. Very fast!!

What I wanna know though, is which download manager will auto resume if my line gets dropped? I'm on 56k dial up unfortunately and DAP will need to be manually resumed if I lose connection - not very good if I'm sound asleep in bed and leave something to DL overnight.

Any advice?
    Download Express

ps. Thanks to Lamsey for the heads up he gave on Download Express a couple of months back. It's not promoted much but works sooo well.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    go with the flash get

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    I bought GetRight awhile ago, and I love it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast