Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports World Petition

I agree wholeheartedly with the idea of a SPORTSWORLD. It's not only going to be about Football. What about Boxing, Ultimate Fighting, Skateboarding, etc?? What about horrific sports injuries and suchlike?? Why can't it have a seperate section in the Lounge instead of the ,now very dated, Iraq War Thread?? I've got quite a lot of sports related material but don't feel it's really appropriate for Movieworld. I've read some good sports related topics in this Forum and it'd be nice to keep them all in one place.

Vote " YES " to Sportsworld!!!

soopaman
    Signature removed

2. Lounge   -   #12
    no it's soccer

there is only one kind of football, and that's American football. Yes that's right peep's the NFL!!

I think a sports section would be another great addition to this site

3. Lounge   -   #13
    BANNED
    well I would like to talk about Rugby League but im probaly the only one who know the rules!!

Possibly Cricket there is alot of pomi on this board but us aussies always kick their ass

4. Lounge   -   #14
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    OK Crusty butted one here we go, so how much of your so called football actually involves a foot on the ball. Hmm Kick off, field goal, point after and punts which must mean there is a foot on the ball about how many times 20 ish, then there&#39;s our football I am not even going to have a go at guessing but probably more than 20 Ok it&#39;s a crappy stance for an arguement but I am right aren&#39;t I after all it is called &#39;foot&#39;ball not &#39;carry-it-about&#39; or &#39;throw-and-catch&#39; ball&#33;&#33;&#33; Then there&#39;s the whole how long have the sports been around you can&#39;t just come along halfway through history and nick our name....rant rant rant

(Zero gets of his soapbox )

..and misspells of&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ex-member
    Sportsworld would be way off topic. Hardwareworld is a grey area as it is.

So no to the new world. Just talk in the Lounge.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I love the fact that in American football it is called a touchdown, but you don&#39;t have to touch it down.

However in rugby it&#39;s called a try, but you have to touch the ball down.

I know why a try is called a try, can anyone explain why it is a touchdown.

PS why don&#39;t you put a case to the Mods and request a poll. They are normally very reasonable about this sort of thing. Granted over the last couple of days Lamsey has been Locked Boy, but I think he will chill when Wee Mouse is back moderating him.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Is it cause you have to &#39;touch down&#39; in the endzone to score (if you catch it),

unless of course you are on the ground and you are in possession of the ball and it breaks the plane of the goal line into the endzone

ok forget I said anything, any NFL fans lurking that want to take this one I have to go and lie down

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Football is called Soccer in the good ol US of A

as iam a huge Major Leauge Soccer fan - and a huge MetroStars fan i would luv 2 see sum sort of Soccer/Football/Sport world...

And yes i have bin watching the Confedaration cup sum great Soccer/Football being played even though the USA got of 2 a bad start losing 2 turkey but i think the US will murder Brazil.... ( I fucking hope )

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss+21 June 2003 - 04:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lilmiss @ 21 June 2003 - 04:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Curley@21 June 2003 - 01:29
    how many worlds is there to be for chuffs sake??

i&#39;d like to see a "curley world" where we get to see some profanities. im still shocked from earlier. not what i was expecting at all&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Now theres a thought

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Poster
    id love a sportsworld&#33;&#33; pweeze can we have 1?

fuck Derby County

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast