Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: India

chalkmongoose
    Is it just cows? 'Cause I was watching a movie on some guy in a bathrobe who starved himself so the Brits would go away and stop kickin' his ass, and he ate pork. It pissed a lot of people off, I think.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by iBLoStboY@26 July 2003 - 13:09
    Why in the hell would you want to go there in the first place

But since you are going...don't sleep with any Indian whores
    India is the second country with the most aids cases - only behind South Africa -
    Wear alot of cologne - cause as soon as you get off the plane it will smell - watch out for the beggers who will be everywhere! - don't be alarmed if you see bunch of monkeys running towards you for food - Cows in the street -

Enjoy your trip.
    Well well.
    @iblostboy, you seem to present all stereotypes of India as shown by media Interesting thing abt stereotypes, some are true and some are not.

Well pal good luck for your trip! Hope you have a gala time there.
    Heard beaches in south are just beautiful! Hope you get a chance!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

3. Lounge   -   #13
    chalkmongoose
    I think most of the stereotypes about India are true...

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 13:42
    I think most of the stereotypes about India are true...
    Things presented do exist but not as such shown in the media. For instance cows arent roaming on all the streets of India Lol, but they are in some under-developed cities. You are giving reference to a movie, which ofcourse is another steretypical image presented.

Havent you heard the expression "It takes all kinds." There are people who would just get upset on you being there and there are people who would go out of the way to help ya out in anyway they can. So I would say instead of believing in whats being said, check it out and update us here
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@26 July 2003 - 13:38
    Is it just cows? &#39;Cause I was watching a movie on some guy in a bathrobe who starved himself so the Brits would go away and stop kickin&#39; his ass, and he ate pork. It pissed a lot of people off, I think.
    I hope you are not talking about "Gandhi" otherwise it will show your ignorance on a large scale.
    What movie was it. During when British ruled India, there were two groups, one non-violent and one extremists. Extremists would try to eliminate Brits so its freed from them and Non-violent would instead starve themselves, lie in the passage of the enemy trucks without harming them. I think both of the groups helped in their own way to free India. But Gandhi is most remembered for obvious reasons, not extremists.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    iBLoStboY's Avatar Poster
    Ummmm what stereotyping ? i&#39;m just presenting facts - not going by the media at all - okay tell which of the comments i&#39;ve made on india are false?

Monkeys? Cows? Since you guys do worship them its true that they are all over the place (okay maybe not all over the place) - you can&#39;t do anything to do (treat them bad). If they choose to walk on the street so be it - you can&#39;t pull them off the road...
    and the smell issue thats true also - cause of the poverty, people live in mud homes etc etc and there is outdoor plumbing.

And AID thats a fact - if you are truely indian you would admit how common prostitution is. The law there doesn&#39;t do anything about it - even the police chooses to go to whores regularly.

And the only reason i would consider going there is to see Taj Mahal which was build by Muslims.

Note: i have nothing against indians My G/F is indian so There&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #17
    dude ..this place is getttin politically incorrect...verrry much soo

iblostboy boy ....i think ud rather not say much unitll uve actualy seen the place..

i dunnoe frem whr u got the idea of monkeys...coz theyr really arent any monkeys around the streets..

aids is a prob yeah..but its blown outta proportion...coz outta more than 1 billion ppl...a very small % have aids...which is more or less on par wid most developed countries...just that we have a LOT of people

prettty saad seing u become relegious in the end &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

there izn ne smell on the streets or anything...i mean if u were to spend a whole month traveling in india...ud prbbly come accross wht iblostboy described barely a couple of time...and thats how it is, but improving rapidly

i would noe all this coz thats whr ive lived my whole life &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Thanks all who answered with their brain; sorry for the delay getting back, i forgot i&#39;d even posted this here. Thanks for the useful links.
    To vegeta, mysteryboi, and neotheone. Indeed you should be proud of India. In conversation with friends who have travelled there, they tell me that the experience has had a huge effect on their perceptions of life and humanity.

No thanks to iBLoStboY and chalkmongoose, both of who never fail to deliver the goods when it comes to sheer ignorance. To perpetuate such stereotypical rubbish only makes apparent that you have no experience of life outside your own back yard.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Bring me back some pirated Cd&#39;s

Where are you going?

I would check out Taj in Agra.

Eat lots of nice spicy Indian food and enjoy the hot weather.

You&#39;ll be super tanned when you get back

10. Lounge   -   #20
    now stone cold has a point B)

taj mahal....spicy indian food ...pirated cds....

word of advice....while shoppin u gotta noe how to bargain

with pirated cds for xample there gonna ask u for about Rs 500....n u can easily bring it down to about Rs 150 or Rs 200 ........jus hang in there

daz gonna work in a few places

gluck ...have fun

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast