Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the....

[-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Fascination with F*N /S*T/F*C/U**/F*** ?

Can people tell me why they are so keen to get into these sites ?
    Im on them all, and without sounding like i hate them (which i dont, since most of the staff on all of them are friends/co-workers of mine).

People go to extreme lengths to get any of these but its pure madness IMO.

Dont people realise this is the internet, there are plenty of sites that have exactly the same content/speeds etc.

If people didnt rate them so high etc & the number of cheaters wasnt so great, Trades were none existant. You realise you'd have no trouble getting them right?

Answer my question with your view/etc etc dont spam it & ruin plz.

celtic

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    its because people are exposed to the tracker level listings, and see that their favourite tracker, which they'd thought was the best, is only a low level and believe that the higher levels are the only way to go, thats just my 2 cents
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    arkiebrian's Avatar Capitalist Pig BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    What about having to donate to get invites? That sure raises the value of an invitation.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    the only reasone why they want that sites is most for that highlevel list..nothing more, if that list isnt been create im sure noone will ask for F*N or F*C-F***..

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    i don't know. i'm on most everything but people always pm me and offer invites all the time. i only once asked for an invite (actually multiple times to one person) because mainly he kept telling me about it. If someone comes up to me and says, 'blank is cool because they have no ratio' I'm going to say, 'neat! can i get on it?'.

Other then that I haven't asked to get on anything. Maybe it is justified because rarely the people that invite me I help them get on certain top sites. *shrugs*

And back on subject: People who see the stupid 'level' for a tracker instantly want on the higher numbered sites. Not only do those sites stand out but a higher number makes people think it is better. What people don't realize is there are many good if not better sites than the S*T, F*N, ... that are not on that stupid tread (waiw or whatever it is called) or are on a lower level.

but obviously you know all of that and are probably bored like me so you figured you would make this thread, right?
    Last edited by DanielleD87; 11-27-2007 at 01:41 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    People want the rare trackers simply because they think the grass is greener on the other side. Also, with the WIAW thread, people love to brag when they do get their top trackers (check out the userbars many here sport).

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    [-_-] BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    but obviously you know all of that and are probably bored like me so you figured you would make this thread, right?
    Well not quite, i created the thread to find out why people must have the top level.

Personally id rather have millions of £'s and dignity than beg for invites to sites with warez lol

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    for me, it feels safer to be in a closed/rare community. But honestly, before I found this place, I was happy where I was on sites like TL. The hype drove me to decide that I would be (feel) safer in the higher levels...
    Last edited by Tokeman; 11-27-2007 at 01:46 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    People who are members of the top sites are typically talking up those trackers.
    When you're in a forum where people talk about how great FTN, ScT, FSC are, it's hard not to be interested.

In my experience FTN and ScT are worth trying to get.
    I do believe they have edge over other 0-day trackers. They're all around great in all aspects.
    I don't know about the other sites... as I'm not a member.

I'd assume that Rabbit and **-* are really not for just anyone. Chances are if you belong there someone would invite you without you having to ask, and that's probably the only way you'd enjoy it. I have no idea why people bother trying to get into them.

And FSC is going to appeal to someone interested in the forums there. And I'm sure it's fantastic for that. However, I don't know why people try to get it if they don't like forums.

I don't think the WTAR is the only thing to blame, although it's very easy to see when that's all that matters to someone.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast