Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: hostin-ie vps

Ive got the same VDS from Hosting-IE, i think its OK for the price.

But you cant download too fast from utorrent ull get "disk overflow" errors if speed is over 3 MBps for long enough. But i have noticed speeds easily reach 5-6 MBps DL with no problem through FTP.

Upload speed how ever is good for a VDS, u can get around 3-4 MBps if thr are enough peers. I know Thr network isnt the best but u cant get the Best for that price. I also have a Dedicated Box from US and this VDS beats the speeds of the Dedicated US box.

Keep in mind, its only a VDS and it can get VERY slow if thr are alot of transfers goin like 3-4 MBps Upload. That is y i just ordered thr Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 585 . You can also take a look at thr Dedic Raptor Pro Lin 571 if Setup cost isnt a problem thn Lin 571 would a better option rather the a VDS.

Also if your VDS goes down u can expect atleast 8-24 hours for them to restart the server.

O and they take ALot of time to setup the server, i got mine in almost 2 weeks :-|

EDIT: Yay just got my leasweb server setup, lets see how that compares to Hosting-ie
    Last edited by B3hAnch00d; 11-29-2007 at 12:50 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    i have raptor 6 and get 70mbit down and up , maxes my line on one ftp session on 10mb.
    had this sever for 18 months np's at all .
    If you want better customer service you pay for management , we don't as it very easy to manage yourself .

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    hmm 70 mbit...ive only seen that speed on a good day while uploading to someone on the same DC. But Average is bout 40 mbit, still its good enuff for what u have to pay

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Stay very far from hosting-ie VPS. I presently have 1 and basically i dont use it because I can't bear to use it.

The resources on the server are almost always maxed, no memory available when nothing is even running and my server suppose to have 1 GB and support sucks, when I write to ask them what is up with the useless server they just telling me I should upgrade to dedi and I shouldn't expect better from a VPS.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by superseed101 View Post
    i can rent you mine ? which is dedicated unlimited bandwith too

Was this directed to me? If so then I don't need one cause I have two others

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post
    Stay very far from hosting-ie VPS. I presently have 1 and basically i dont use it because I can't bear to use it.

The resources on the server are almost always maxed, no memory available when nothing is even running and my server suppose to have 1 GB and support sucks, when I write to ask them what is up with the useless server they just telling me I should upgrade to dedi and I shouldn't expect better from a VPS.
    you say support sucks but i bet you have level one support which is free .
    Or unmanaged which means you do everything yourself .

For example here : http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/26/63/

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ctane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee View Post

you say support sucks but i bet you have level one support which is free .
    Or unmanaged which means you do everything yourself .

For example here : http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/26/63/
    Yes I do, but does that mean that support should suck? I don't expect first class service but none the less I am a customer and should at least be treated like one.

I have tried and have several other VPS packages and I must say that by far hosting-ie is the worst I have tried (both in regards to the service and the product itself).

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Yes I do, but does that mean that support should suck?
    Well m8 or you have support or you don't , if you are on unmanaged one I still didn't got it what support are you expect there? ) some free specially for you sure it will suck for you if you haven't got one

But I'll be honest I haven't got any as well but they answer all my requests without any problems, it looks you've done some thing wrong ?
    they even installed some packages for free

I had VDS before and was happy enough but it wasn't good enough for me so I've got dedic now 572 with the promotion on setup. Still more than happy m8, for that price I've got P5 D 2x3.0 GHZ when it was advertised just 2x2,66 ) how can I say any bad....
    Just need to be cleave m8, when vds is not enough go to some higher, I don't know any other network who allows that speed for that price and that much bandwidth.
    Last edited by TechnoMan80; 11-30-2007 at 06:57 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    what kind of FTP would you get from hosting-ie dedi to USA?
    If you have a 5mbit+ connection you'll need to multi-thread.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMan80 View Post

I had VDS before and was happy enough but it wasn't good enough for me so I've got dedic now 572 with the promotion on setup.
    What promotion on setup?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast