Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kl Extensions V0.56

i think there should be an option for which type of files use the shell open feature. what i am trying to say is that when i open a music file it would play in the kazaa media player but when i opened a movie it would shell open. i can listening to music with the kazaa media player but for watching movies it's the worst. is this a good idea or even possible?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Rocko's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cborga1985@23 July 2003 - 22:30
    I use the feature "Confirm dialog box on exit" and "Change how title bars behave" from KL Extentions 0.56 and every time I click X to exit the message in the quote shows up after I click yes. Someone verify this!

My specs:
    Win98se
    AMD Athlon 750mHz
    256 RAM
    Doesn't happen in my WinMe/Win2k/WinXP test machines sorry.
    Any otherone with this problem?

Rocko

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Rocko, is it possible to add something like KaNAT to KL Extensions?

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Edit: Never mind

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Forum Star
    How would you check the file for corruption?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    The method i'm trying is to have ksig generate crc data for every 10MB of a file along with the normal sig2dat hash. It posts this data along with the quicklink. When someone clicks the quicklink this crc data along with the hash are stored in the dat file (I stole what i think is an unused metatag) as well as a text file in the kazaa directory. Although the data only needs to be stored once, I haven't decided which is a better place to store it, so at the moment it does both.
    Then when the file is complete another function (not written yet) generates the 10MB crc hashes and compares them, for any that are different the address ranges are sent to DrSpud's corruption fixer (which will be included in the function).

As it stands i've done all the crc generating & storing, but none of the stuff for what happens at the end of the download. The quicklinks are backwards compatible (ie older ksig versions & i think sig2dat can read them) and kazaa seems happy enough with the metatag that it doesn't recognise.

The only downside is that hashing the files takes considerably longer. (over 1/2 a minute per 700MB file). But i'm hoping that people want to get rid of corrupt files enough. Also it won't really be that useful until lots of people post the hashes with the CRC info in.

Theres some more info in DrSpud's thread about his corruption fixer

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    EDIT : I've removed my post due to discovering the cause (Bad IP ranges in the PeerGuardian database).

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Run for the hills! The RIAA is coming!

Most of the IPs in the db are innocent people.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by random nut@28 July 2003 - 06:55
    Run for the hills! The RIAA is coming!

Anyways, ilw and I discussed this whole 10MB crc thing and I think it is definitely possible. The only thing we need is for Rocko to integrate this into Kl Extensions. It doesn't seem too complex or difficult, and I'm sure he wouldn't have any trouble with it at all. And I wouldn't mind if he used the source to KCF (available on the site) either; or at least the ideas behind how it works, since it's not written in the same language.

If the crc's are stored in a meta tag, then people wouldn't have to depend on quicklinks as much, since they would get passed on along with the other tags as the file propagates across the network. The whole concept seems pretty simple; when a file completes, check to see if it has the meta tag with the crc's, and do the crc check/redownloading if it does. It might need to copy the .dat appendixes from new files into its own folder or a database of some kind in order for it to have them available for use, since it wouldn't be able to read the info when the file has completed.

What's everyone else think?
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Forum Star
    Since KL Extensions supports plugins, you could write it as a plugin. That way KL extensions doesn't have to be changed, and you have full control over the development of the plugin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast