Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lan Internet

Waht was wrong with the XP ICS (internet sharing) ? Do ur network computers see each other and can send files to each other? If so all u have to do for ICS is set up the computer directly connected to the internet as the gateway and set the other to connect through the gateway. Then nearly everything should work without having to set any proxy options. theres more info on setting up ICS here. Also what OS r the other computer(s) on the network running.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    My other Comp is running 98 And XP so i can use them both, and about your Q, we can see each others and send files, about the gateway: I dont understand, when they installed the MOdem they gave me a gateway i tried to put the same gateway in my other Comp but didnt work do you know how pleaz note that i have 2 Lan cards One for the Internet connection and another for my LAN
    THANX

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    THANX i managed to do it with the webpage you gave me i have all the ports open in the other Comp THANX

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@21 July 2003 - 20:37
    What about shoes?
    Try uninstalling yer proxy, and setting up your machine to use static ip, also open up your machine as the DMZ host. Then if you really want a proxy, go ahead.
    Dmz host is not a good idea unless the box sitting on the perimeter of your network is a linux box or microsoft windows running isa server or something that does not hold any of your important files and is there as a gateway computer, or something designed for firewall purposes to sit between the net and the other boxes on your lan. Dmz host generally reply to all request including tcp, syn, connect scan, and other port scans, ping sweeps, and get system services request.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12