Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Sporting Achievement

Not really an achievement, well it sort of is but when the World Cup comes around and i watch the US, it's sort of an achievement 2 qualify for the World Cup...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Poster
    One of the few good things about being an old fart is that you've been around long enough to see some amazing things. As for me, my Pa took me to Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto when I was 9 to see the Boston Bruins play our beloved Maple Leafs ( ice hockey, for all you UK fitbaw fans going....huh ? )
    It was the only time I was fortunate enough to see the great Bobby Orr, in person.
    ( got his autograph during warm-up ) On this particular night, Bobby was feeling a bit under the weather but it didn't stop him from scoring 3 goals. The Big Bad Bruins won the game 3-2 and # 4 got the winner for the visitors and BOTH Toronto goals ! Yup, he accidently directed the puck into his own net....twice ! After the second one, he dropped to his knees beside Gerry Cheevers ( the Boston Goalie ) and hung his head in shame ......the kind hometown crowd gave him a standing " O ". We were ecstatic ...............until he popped in the one that mattered with about a minute left in the game.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    The Passion
    Wow Riddler.
    I would have killed to see a sight such as the one you just described!
    Bobby's autograph? You have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I envy you!
    Stupid Maritimes! Nothing cool ever happens out here! *hmph!*

*Loomy goes to pout out in the rain*

btw, you guys think it's rainy in the U.K.? Try moving to New Brunswick!!

Edit: Changed would've to would have, just for JPaul...

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Loomis@24 July 2003 - 13:58
    Wow Riddler.
    I would have killed to see a sight such as the one you just described!
    Bobby's autograph? You have no idea (or maybe you do) how much I envy you!
    Stupid Maritimes!  Nothing cool ever happens out here!  *hmph!*

*Loomy goes to pout out in the rain*

btw, you guys think it's rainy in the U.K.?  Try moving to New Brunswick!!

Edit: Changed would've to would have, just for JPaul...
    Yeah, the autograph stayed in a locked case with my hockey card collection til I discoverd girls and kinda forgot about those things ! I called back home re; it's whereabouts when I was in my 30's and Ma informed me that she had a garage sale some time before and got 5 bucks for it !!! D'OH !!
    I was devastated !

But what do you mean nothing happens in NB ? What about the ......um...OH !....how about when the........hmmmm.....OK........there's the .................never mind.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    If we are talking about 'live' meaning you had to be there, then I think my favorite was watching the big cats (Jaguars) taking the WSC crown at Spa Francorchamps back in September 1988. Much of the race was in heavy rain (I bet it is wetter there than New Brunswick), but the atmosphere was superb.

Edit: typo
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    The Passion
    @ Riddler: Ouch! 5$?! Oh man, that's gotta hurt...but I suppose you've had a few years to recuperate...
    and you're abosultely right about the NB comment!

@ lynx: Okay, maybe it DOES rain more there, but right now we're on 5 days without 2 consecutive hours of sunlight!

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Ex-member
    Lubo Moravcik scoring from a corner at Parkhead during a 4-1 demolition of St. Johnstone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12