Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Best software for converting video files

I also use HandBrake for all my video converting needs. Works great...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #92
    personally, i use xilisoft video converter. it has gpu acceleration.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #93
    If you want to make mkv then i use MakeMKV seems to do the job well.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #94
    What about Mac-Osx? anyone can tell me this, please!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #95
    google handbrake theres a mac-osx version, just click the other versions

6. Software & Hardware   -   #96
    I've recently started using "Smart Converter Pro". There's a free version that lets you convert one file at a time, or there's an inexpensive "Pro" version ($10.00 on Windows, $15.00 on MAC) that let's you do batch converting.

The thing I really like about it is that instead of saying "which codec do you want to use" it says "where are you playing this file", and gives you a list of common devices... iPad, PS3, Apply TV, Android Tablet, etc etc... and then it chooses the proper format for you.

I use a PS3, and it converts mkv files to PS3-compatible .avi or .mp4 really fast, with (to my eyes) little or no loss of quality. x264 mkv converts to x264 MP4 in literally seconds.

thwartme

7. Software & Hardware   -   #97
    I use xilisoft since it seems to support every format and it makes use of my rig.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #98
    I use xilisoft too, and support every format

9. Software & Hardware   -   #99
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by korbiekwan View Post
    I've used ConvertXtoDVD for many years...but I think I'll give HandBrake a try! Thanks Guys!
    Ive also used convertx with no problems but will try some of the other suggestions here!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #100
    I use DVDFab for ripping Blurays (mainly because it supports 3D), I still use DVDShrink with AnyDVD for DVDs (simple and fast), Handbrake does a good job converting everything else, and MakeMKV is really handy tool. MetaFox was a good little tool for cleaning up MKV files that would make Windows barf... not sure if MakeMKV would have done the same job though.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast