Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Best software for converting video files

Winavi converted

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    I know, its was the only one you could find, but there is alot of crap out there, put together by nerds who think they're so clever by using obscure formats and audio types. Download an MKV file some time and see what you can do with that. Its the same thing, if you want an anime with english dubbed audio you almost have to download a dual audio MKV file but boy what a headache to get it to a more standard avi file.

For every silly format they come up with you have to have a new converter to get it back to the basic avi. The best thing to do is to try and find one already in a normal format and avoid all the other crap. The worst you might have to worry about then is does it have the highly compatible cbr audio or the usually incompatible and bothersome vbr.
    I don't understand what you are saying here Appzalien. In my experience nearly all mkv files I have downloaded are in the x264 format, but you praise the mkv file (seemingly) while denouncing the x264 format. I do understand that mkv is a container format and you can have nearly any codec file for video, but in practicality they have been x264. I love this format because I have a blu-ray player and can manipulate this any way I want with either convertxtodvd (to make playable on regular dvd player) or with multiAVCD (to make playable on blu-ray, even better with SD-cards so don't have to waste blank media to watch a movie once).

However, one of the other poster's problems has been mine - converting back and forth between the blu-ray (playstation) and wma (xbox 360). I always download the mkv file if I have a choice, but I do have one that I would love to convert from wma to x264 but so far everything I have tried either doesn't work or the audio sync is awful. I have even tried Xilisoft but this always causes some kind of error and shuts down. Maybe the newest version works, but I don't know. Has anyone had experience in converting these hi-def formats while keeping the quality?
    Last edited by unclemilty74; 07-18-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Post something relevant that adds value, or keep yer trap shut like you was avoidin a sistaboy in prison.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm not sure but there not extist A program for converting all and saying thats the best. That's depend which files you want to convert and to witch format.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Handbrake is what I use. It's pretty easy to use and does a good job, and it's FREE.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Try Xilisoft HD Video Converter. It's simple and useful
    Last edited by soks; 07-26-2010 at 07:12 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    I am using Xilisoft Video Converter

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    I'm using Alive video converter, I don't try other. .So it's best for me

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    streetrider's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Try WinAvi converter. You could also use Total Video Converter.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Xilisoft Video converter Ultimate 6 is best and easy to use!!!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    eRightSoft SUPER is simply... super.

For audio files, you only need foobar2000: the conversion process is very easy.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast