Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is EMI dropping the RIAA

Got me my 20 posts! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Too good to be true, especially when you see what they are trying to do in France

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6...ml?tag=nl.e550

This could be the end of file sharing ! !

Lets face it, you all say the record companies are too greedy and did not embrace Napster etc. But you can buy music legally from Itunes etc but people still download. And I think they would even if songs were say 10 cents each legally.

Regards

Digby
    Digby, I think you hit it bang on, I for one would never go to EMItorrents.com (and pay) over oink.cd (RIP) but I don't think that is the point anymore. The record companies missed the boat on file sharing as a valid and inexpensive distribution method. It has become very clear that when something like P2P comes along its all about being in the right place at the right time to take advantage of it. At this point the record companies need to figure out new ways to be innovative, they've been forced into the fast paced world of information technologies whether they like it or not. They have to being lazy bastards relying on decades old processes and technology.

One thing is for sure, music will always be a lucrative business because of people's love for it will never die. However, the method in which you can make a dime, that *HAS* to change. They need to realize that technology will reach a point (if it hasn't already) where artists won't need to go to LA and rent a $500,000 studio for $2500 bucks a day to produce high level quality music. They need to realize that the artist will no longer require them for exposure and publicity (look at sites like myspace.com). Technology gets cheaper, it gets better, faster, more reliable. I really believe that is the point that the music industry fails to see.
    -A.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaxel21 View Post
    It sure does look like this is a sign of things to come to the record industry. When big company usually cut something in there budget that means to me that things are not going well as planed. Or maybe it was EMI getting wise burning off some leaches and investing the money in technology, in a last ditch effort, in something like napster that would ultimetly pay off for them. It's hard to say right now but I would say this move is forecasting a collapse.
    Yes it is. The music industry as we know it today is dying. Artistic control and creativity is needed in order to restore the music industry.
    Last edited by grimms; 12-12-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: edit

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12