Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    While I agree that censorship is wrong there is a line...I reported someone this morning for having an Adolf Hitler avatar, though he did go on to say how much he admired him, and that imo is even worse. So if you feel offended make a report and let the mods decide it's their board after all.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    While I would not use a Hitler avatar myself, and I don't think particularly highly of the idea, I wouldn't want it censored. If it's not obscene, or "blatantly" used to offend I think it should be left alone.

Censorship is a very slippery slope.

I'm sure this image could really piss off a bush supporter.
    But unless GW is a member here, I don't think it should be censored.

Last edited by Broken; 11-29-2007 at 07:19 AM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Censorship is indeed a slippery slope and I wouldn't give a rats arse about you satirizing Hitler...however if I thought you where in fact a neo-nazi I would be offended. Using your example of George W if you had an avatar that was blatantly supporting him and then went on to say you thought he's a great guy I'd disagree but not really care...but then Bush wasn't the architect of the Holocaust plus it affects me more because I have relatives who where in the Holocaust. Some survived some didn't so for me it hits close to home. Like I said I made a report and the mods did as they saw fit that's all I wanted, just to have my say. If they'd chosen to not act I wouldn't have argued.

p.s. I like the Bush pic I can see the humour in it and don't mind it a bit.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    It's from Sin City, I reckon, he's killing himself to protect someone else, like.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I can't see that it's offensive...

It may be distressing to you, but I wouldn't class it as offensive as I understand the term.

By the way, the usual place to raise these sorts of issues is in the Report Section

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Racket's Avatar Retired
    Eh, since I saw this thread...I am reminded of someone else's avatar on another site. Would anyone think that a ghastly (only word to describe it) picture of "Chris Crocker," the scary self-proclaimed idiot girl/boy on youtube, to be offensive? I get very annoyed anytime I see anything about that person that I block said content. He/she drives me nuts! lol

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    I fosmeone had hitler as there avy becuae he admired him I wouldn´t feel offended just wouldn´t really have anything to do with that person now if someomne had an avy that said
    kill all (insert race here) or whatever then thats a diff matter altogether

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RacquetHD View Post
    Eh, since I saw this thread...I am reminded of someone else's avatar on another site. Would anyone think that a ghastly (only word to describe it) picture of "Chris Crocker," the scary self-proclaimed idiot girl/boy on youtube, to be offensive? I get very annoyed anytime I see anything about that person that I block said content. He/she drives me nuts! lol
    Yes, I would.
    I am also very offended by your avatar and would like it removed.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    i just feel bad reporting something that might only be offensive to me is all.

sorry to bother all of you with this btw
    Your just giving your opinion nothing wrong with that , your choice of forum was maybe wrong ? I'v asked mods (on other forums) to remove member names such as killwitey or fukthatblakbiatch as thats insulting to all members .

Not for me to decide , I'd recommend a mod close this thread if Danielle requests it .

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    It's from Sin City, I reckon, he's killing himself to protect someone else, like.
    oh geez i feel really bad now!
    sin city is an awesome movie

if the person starts posting a lot and i keep seeing his avatar then I'll pm him and ask directly and be more civil. I feel like this whole thread is like talking behind his back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast