Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    I don't personally find that avatar offensive, however I also accept that everyone carries their own baggage and that which may be genuinely offensive to someone else will not always be the same for me and vice versa.

I think that we may be talking at cross purposes here tho'. I suspect that the thread starter actually finds the avatar upsetting rather than offensive. If that is the case then the best solution is for them to block it in some way.

Finally, if it doesn't actually breach any board rule then it's really just a case of like it or lump it. Whether one think it's offensive, upsetting or anything else. Tho' as the bunny chap says, there is nothing to stop one human being contacting another and asking them for a bit of personal consideration.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I use the firefox 'my image here' extension and replace the offending imag with a nice fluffy bunny
    Now go away.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    i'm cool with everyones avatars...but,like others said,you could use a firefox and instal an extension to remove that avatar\avatars that you find insulting
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Without good, original content, a tracker is nothing but a lonely teenage boy's chatroom.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    It would be different if it was someone actually blowing their brains out for reals like, but for goodness sake Pink bunny dewd, get some lead in yer pencil.

Not everyones Avatar has to be cutsie little cartoon character...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    @Colt Seevers
    Thats a heck of an avatar, reminds me of the song by filter - hey man nice shot.
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    I don't know the rules when it comes to avatars, but some (who I do not know) has an avatar I personally think is offensive. It is an animation of someone shooting them self in the head.

I have not PMed this person or talked to them at all on the forum. I don't want to be rude, and honestly I feel like a jerk bringing this up.

Is there a protocol to deal with this issue? For all I know I might be the only one who is offended by this persons avatar and I'm in the wrong bringing this up. If so I apologize.

I'm not going to post his profile here, but if a moderator reads this and wants to look into it then PM me and I will give you a link.

I guess suicide videos have always bothered me, real or not. I apologize if this post is uncalled for.

Thank you,
    Danielle
    I don't find it offensive; but I feel like throwing out when I see that avatar. I scroll down as fast as possible to avoid looking at it. That one really make me sick, and so is the one by Colt Seevers.

But if it does not break forum rule I can bear with it; with a both eyes closed.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Religious, political and xxx oriented avatars should be forbidden. For the sake of political correctness & humanity.

There are also some things about signatures. Some of users have very, very big sigs and it really is disturbing for eyes and scrollbars.

You should consider question about avatars and limiting signatures.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Why should religious or political avatars be banned. So long as it is not of a nature intended to offend others. Personally I have no interest in using one, however I don't see why other people shouldn't. So long as it is something of a positive nature and not being negative or insulting towards the beliefs of others.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Rayman's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    I don't know the rules when it comes to avatars, but some (who I do not know) has an avatar I personally think is offensive. It is an animation of someone shooting them self in the head.

I have not PMed this person or talked to them at all on the forum. I don't want to be rude, and honestly I feel like a jerk bringing this up.

Is there a protocol to deal with this issue? For all I know I might be the only one who is offended by this persons avatar and I'm in the wrong bringing this up. If so I apologize.

I'm not going to post his profile here, but if a moderator reads this and wants to look into it then PM me and I will give you a link.

I guess suicide videos have always bothered me, real or not. I apologize if this post is uncalled for.

Thank you,
    Danielle
    you should i've seen worst avatars that that...and you didn't complain...anyway i'm waiting for a mod to resolve this
    Last edited by UNLTD; 12-02-2007 at 12:04 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Kinda like an issue I heard about in California, no smoking is allowed even in your own yard. This one guy went outside to smoke his cigar and, the neighbor a few houses down reported him and he got fined. Not sure how true it is but, people can turn their head, turn off the tv, scroll down, or do so many things to avoid the minimal trivial things that they disapprove of but instead they want to worry about something that they can avoid themselvesand want to get it banned, whether it be an avatar, cigar, or whatever. People always meddle with other people when its not necessary. I mean if I had an avatar promoting fundamental Christianity I would probably get banned from the site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast