Thread: Musicmatch

Poster
    Hi. I've got musicmatch 7.5, and it includes this volume leveling function. I've never used it as i don't really know whether it is effective. For example, does it cause music to dip if a track reaches a louder segment?

I'd like to know because i'm going to burn a lot of my music to disc to take with me when i go travelling. It kinda scares me though, to let a media player get to work on my music library which is now in excess of 5000 tracks.

Does anyone have any explanation as to how this technology works?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Couldn't you duplicate (so you have backup copies) a couple of your mp3s and use them as guinea pigs?

Then you can see whether the results are satisfactory before you try it with your entire collection.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Yeah mate. I've done that and not found any problems. Thing is though, i can't know which track has been 'levelled' and which would be left as it was.

I'd rather know how the process worked than play it by ear. I've tried a search with google and altavista and not found any explanation.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I use the volume leveling function on music match 8.0. I like it. It stops a song from 1 volume and having to turn the sound up or down for the next song. I have done it to all my songs and have no problems with it. on cd or just on the pc.I dont know how it works but it does. If i was you I would find a few songs that are high and some that are low and burn them to cd both ways and see if you like it. that way you only lose the cost of a blank cd.this came from music match..

Volume Leveling - Creates consistent volume throughout all tracks you select. This avoids any harsh spikes in volume, providing smooth, even playback.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    chalkmongoose
    I can't say much for it. It f'cked up an entire library of 300+ songs, and then my computer died and I had to format and oh the sad stories...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    I can't say much for it. It f'cked up an entire library of 300+ songs, and then my computer died and I had to format and oh the sad stories...
    You're so full of s**t.... Sorry, but you really are.