Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Reaction after getting into ScT

DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    O.o ..... mmmmm ok lol

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    you think so? thanks

i normally don't respond to posts like that, but for some reason i was in a really bad mood with his comment and kind of just went into bitch mode.

how embarrassing.. i shouldn't stoop down to a lower level.
    yes sure was good to see some girl power put a guy in his place.
    i made this thread because basically i see people spending their entire time here chasing sites like S*T etc. instead of actually enjoying the wonderful free content that almost all torrent sites offer. while having a tracker which delivers rare releases is fantastic, the scene makes sure that all the releases are top quality. besides so many low level trackers offer amazing content. you hit the nail on the head when you said that you couldnt find one release on ScT that wasnt available on other sites.
    bottomline is, while having a high level tracker is an added advantage in terms of speed, pretimes, packs etc, if you know where to look you can find whatever you want in the lower level trackers as well. so i really feel its an unfruitful quest just chasing high level trackers.
    Filesharing is an experience to enjoy and not a contest to win.
    cheers guys

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    wonderfully said bikernin

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    I like torrentleech better because I can actually keep my ratio up. There is no way I can keep a good ratio on Sct. As soon as a file is uploaded, within minutes it becomes heavily seeded and then you're crap out of luck, unless your upload speed is extremely fast. Don't have to worry about that with TL, plus the torrents stay up longer.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    SilverSeed.Net_SysOP
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofisis View Post
    I like torrentleech better because I can actually keep my ratio up. There is no way I can keep a good ratio on Sct. As soon as a file is uploaded, within minutes it becomes heavily seeded and then you're crap out of luck, unless your upload speed is extremely fast. Don't have to worry about that with TL, plus the torrents stay up longer.
    Um the torrents stay up longer at TL?
    I tihnk not.....

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    f@flot's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The reaction was:whooooooo! :-d

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    You say the community is cold, I don't agree. At all. Once you get into it it's amazing. Sure it takes some work, but at the same time who wants a forum where everyone goes around hand in hand? pfffffft, thats not for me.

I've been a member @ alot of sites, never found one that could fully replace sct for me.

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    I can't help but feel that you guys take all this trackers business a lil bit too seriously - they all offer the same shit at the end of the day, the rest of it is down to hype.

Also, you go about this stuff completely the wrong way, wanting everything immediately rather than taking the time to explore what you already have.

Personally I have accounts on all of the major trackers. Thing is I have little or no use for them. I look at them and observe them with interest. I'm not honoured to be on them nor would I be upset if I lost access to them.

I never specifically wanted them, didn't beg or trade for them, but after spending lots of time on one particular site they just came to me.

For a long time I was completely oblivious to the wider torrenting community. It still astounds me that this culture of collecting, trading and obtaining torrent site accounts actually exists.

You still get the same latest movies etc at the end of it all don't you?

Protip: Don't let your trackers make you what you are, make the tracker what it is by contributing and taking part.

Being a decent member of a torrent site requires time, dedication and interest. No tracker has any respect for traders or beggers.

Become a trusted and respected member of one community, and the rest will fall in your lap. Trust me. Oh, and it took me about 2 years to get to where I am today, so don't expect overnight miracles.

If anyone wants to enlighten me as to why it's worth wasting half of your life pining for a tracker you've never even seen or used, please do so.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    I can't help but feel that you guys take all this trackers business a lil bit too seriously - they all offer the same shit at the end of the day, the rest of it is down to hype.

Also, you go about this stuff completely the wrong way, wanting everything immediately rather than taking the time to explore what you already have.

Personally I have accounts on all of the major trackers. Thing is I have little or no use for them. I look at them and observe them with interest. I'm not honoured to be on them nor would I be upset if I lost access to them.

I never specifically wanted them, didn't beg or trade for them, but after spending lots of time on one particular site they just came to me.

For a long time I was completely oblivious to the wider torrenting community. It still astounds me that this culture of collecting, trading and obtaining torrent site accounts actually exists.

You still get the same latest movies etc at the end of it all don't you?

Protip: Don't let your trackers make you what you are, make the tracker what it is by contributing and taking part.

Being a decent member of a torrent site requires time, dedication and interest. No tracker has any respect for traders or beggers.

Become a trusted and respected member of one community, and the rest will fall in your lap. Trust me. Oh, and it took me about 2 years to get to where I am today, so don't expect overnight miracles.

If anyone wants to enlighten me as to why it's worth wasting half of your life pining for a tracker you've never even seen or used, please do so.
    i see that we agree with each other

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    Roark give me a reason to give you proof. you know where MY PM INBOX IS.

why would you ask me for something and then state that I would have to pm you? do you have any idea how rude that is? where is your respect? If you want to take your foot out of your mouth you might need to learn a thing or two before speaking.

there is more then just me here. i'm just the only one with enough balls to be open with you guys. it is my gift and you have absolutely no idea how rare it is for someone like me to be open to someone like you, or even admit certain things I do on public forums like this. be grateful because some how I doubt you will see anyone else again in your entire life so open an honest with info that shouldn't be spoken.
    Sorry I didn't see this before, but you did take 5 days to respond to my post. Surely it's not that uncommon for people to overlook such delayed responses.

I asked you to PM me proof because I assumed anyone with axx would not wish to put the details on a public forum. If you're willing to be so "open", nothing's stopping you.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast