Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the HD space on seedbox??

you can just download files from your seedbox with the speed of your home connection and then delete it from the server/seedbox.

got it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    IGetMoney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ok that makes sense but would probably take forever haha...so when the file gets finished i open it from seedbox and just play ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Live.Love.Trance BT Rep: +4
    you would have to transfer it to your home computer to handle the file. Seedbox = remote server, where you may only have command line access.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    oh damn that suks say the file is umm i dunno 5GB and my home connec is 10Mb how long would that take ?

oh one more question would this transfering count towards my home connection bandwith

one more question lol....could you use utorrent as a bt client for your seebox so that way you wouldent have to transfer any files
    Last edited by IGetMoney; 11-30-2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetMoney View Post
    im looking for a simple answer not a story of what FTP is lol
    You can led a horse to water, But I guess i can't force you to drink........

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    oh damn that suks say the file is umm i dunno 5GB and my home connec is 10Mb how long would that take ?

oh one more question would this transfering count towards my home connection bandwith

one more question lol....could you use utorrent as a bt client for your seebox so that way you wouldent have to transfer any files
    Do the maths... yes of course... errr... you'd still have to transfer files.... I don't think you understand at all "lol"

Seedbox = a separate computer, usually on a separate network, that you use to do your seeding for you, the whole point is that it's on a much faster connection than what you have at home so that it can seed quicker and also won't suck up all your bandwidth at home so you can do other stuff.

If you want to download a file from the seedbox to your PC... then work out how fast you can download it and then do the maths.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    wtf lol what if i download more then 100 gigs or seed by banswith rite now is only 60 frigin GB

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    wtf lol what if i download more then 100 gigs or seed by banswith rite now is only 60 frigin GB
    wow, maybe if you dint always lol youd learn a thing or 2, setup a fuckn ftp server on the seedbox(bulletproof ftp server) use flashfxp to connect and d/l, and maybe you should read up on ftp

Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    wow, maybe if you didnt always lol youd learn a thing or 2, setup a fuckn ftp server on the seedbox(bulletproof ftp server) use flashfxp to connect and d/l, and maybe you should read up on ftp
    Last edited by PuZo; 11-30-2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    wow ok you dident have to say it like that haha but thanks

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    chillincool's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You should probably just stay far away from a seedbox if you have to ask these questions. You definitely won't be able to set it up yourself if you can't find these answers on google, or thought that wikipedia article on ftp was useless.
    "They were cheap masks locked on festering thoughts--voices gabbling to drown out the loud silence in every breast."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast