Thread: Huge Ie Problem

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Ok Ive got a problem here for some reason I must have install some crap by acedent which means now everytime I first open IE its changes my default setting everytime!! to some other site and about 6 pop ups come up at once

Ive tryed changed the default setting but it keeps overrighting itslelf. everytime I re open IE and its very anoying!

I'm using XP Professional

So my question is it looks like I have to unistall IE so how do I do that and reinstall IE?? becaeu it actully comes with XP.

also this stupid tool bar comes up everytime I turn it off but it always comes back up when I re open IE again

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Have you ran adaware or spybot?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Seems like your IE has been Hi-Jacked. Download and run Spybot Search & Destroy. Then download HiJack This (freeware). It allows you to remove changes that were done to your IE, you can remove the stupid toolbar with a few clicks, and a bunch of other stuff! A great program, it saved me a LOT of frustration and time.

EDIT: Typo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by callum@22 July 2003 - 03:32
    Have you ran adaware or spybot?
    Quickly now... I wouldn't even make it an OR question. Download both, first run Ad-Aware 6 (with updates, get 'em first), and then Spybot SD (get those updates). I find that doing that nukes the bastards. Then apply Ad-AWares protection scheme, and then do the same with Spybot. And then change any info you had on your computer that you thought was personal (account passwords banking info, credit cards)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Spybot also has an option to lock the IE start page and some others that I'm not sure of.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ive used ad ware but it didnt find anything

Seems like your IE has been Hi-Jacked. Download and run Spybot Search & Destroy. Then download HiJack This (freeware). It allows you to remove changes that were done to your IE, you can remove the stupid toolbar with a few clicks, and a bunch of other stuff! A great program, it saved me a LOT of frustration and time.
    thanks alot I will try that now

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ok thanks guys for all your help all my problems have been solved

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Glad to hear it!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Might I also Suggest getting a firewell? It might stop future problems. I currently use Noton Personal Firewall, but Zone Alarm Pro is also very good if not better.