Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Asking or an FTN invite

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    2nd EDIT: Just want to thank all of you guys for everything you've said. I definitely wasn't expecting to get a positive response by the 2nd or 3rd post (I was thinking 2nd or 3rd page?). With the SCT invite, I would say that was more of luck and the nice community on Brokenstones. Seriously, if you have a mac I wouldn't torrent anywhere else (Yes, you have to be a power user to access the invites area, but you have all manners of people giving away a wide variety of invites, all you have to do is pm them). Hope you all have a nice day!

EDIT: Naturally I look over this very carefully and then make an error in the thread title.

Well, I had pmed several people on this forum about maybe getting an invite. You know, seeing if I had the right idea of what FTN offers in comparison to what I want and have to give. A lot of the people who responded back, though incredibly NICE, sadly didn't have any invites. A few of them suggested I start my own thread, one telling me that's how they got their invite. Hopefully they were being serious when they said this, as I would think it a rather cruel joke otherwise (just kidding).

Now, I'm a bit reticent about making a thread like this because I don't want to feel like I'm publicly begging for it. I'm not going to die if I don't get this invite, nor am I going to plead and tell you how this is the end of my "private tracker search." Really, I just think it's a good place that fits me and that I fit as well.

I suppose now I'll just restate what I had pmed a few members, just a few paragraphs about me. I realize it's a bit long, but I think it contains just enough detail without going overboard.

I started out on Oink, oddly enough from a random invite I got from one friend on a transformers board. Yes, I realize how stupid that sounds. Anyways, I got an invite there and quickly realized just how good private trackers could be in comparison to pubbies. It's nice knowing that I won't have to wait while I get BYTES of data down and I'm seeding some ungodly number up. That's just not fair, ya know?

So, I was fairly content with Oink because all I really thought I needed was a nice music tracker. I typically don't sign up for random sites in the open invites thread because all of them end up being 0-day sites that just have terrible speeds. So when I switched to mac, I decided that it was only suitable to find a good mac tracker. I pmed the guys at Brokenstones and have been a contributor there ever since. We're actually adding a lot of things like music and movies over there, so hopefully that pans out? Personally, I think a better direction would be to have larger torrent packs so people would be more inclined to seed all the miscellaneous files, something I've recently brought up there.

It was there that I got an invite to CERTAINSITE*, which I suppose was something I had been looking for but never actively pursued. I guess I didn't know what I was missing . Not only did it turn me on to DVDR's (which play very nicely on my mac through frontrow), but it also showed me just what a nice 0-day tracker could be like. The only problem is the ridiculous difficulty in seeding without a seedbox. I've done the RSS, I have a decent connection (4 megabytes/s up) but I still have trouble getting things decent. Also, while the community is okay at CERTAINSITE*, I really haven't found many things that catch my eye as good talking material. So hey, does it make me a greedy person if I want to be at a site where it doesn't matter whether or not I'm seeding within the first 5 minutes or rather whether I'm seeding for the longest I possibly can (which I do). Or does it make me a bad person that I'd rather go to a nicer place to post at? I like the forums at BS (though a little slow most of the time) and I like the forums at What.CD (Though the rampant "Can I get a Waffles invite?" is a little annoying...) and I want to be at a place where I can enjoy it without it being like some huge game. I have also started using the site TheDVDClub, thanks to help from Tommy out there for getting my account all set up when their system was a little messed up.

I have ratio proofs for all these sites that easily show I seed very well and that I'm certainly not a leecher, but if that were all that were necessary why would I need to write all this? I have Blackcats for my games, I have What.cd for my quality music, and I have BS for my mac apps. I have CERTAINSITE* for...helping others out? I am in the process of inviting 8 people there and plan to invite more. I like helping people out and if that's what they want then that's what they should get, provided of course they aren't just doing it to stroke their ego.

Now, while I realize all of you are free to make whatever comments you like (good or bad!), I would appreciate it greatly if you refrained from senseless spam. I would have never posted this in public venue if it were not for the recommendations of several individuals, so please keep that in mind.

*Will reveal upon PM if you would like to know.
    Last edited by fsephie; 11-30-2007 at 04:26 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Adam1990's Avatar Layin down the law BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I think you deserve it but you I am guessing you have a 4mbit connection not 4mByte, a 4mB connection is extremely fast.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    one of the better ftn requests in my opinion. i always support mac users.

edit: was successful

good luck.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-30-2007 at 05:35 AM.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    This topic was actually forwarded to me in pm, and I agree with what was said about this being one of the better topics. No begging, nicely said, and you seem sincere and honest. I like that

PM me you're email.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    strike!

make sure you say hello in the mac section, fsephie.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Omg you got invited. congratulations

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    congratulations fsephie !!!

and glad to see that the TDC incident worked out
    Last edited by t0mmy; 11-30-2007 at 06:36 AM.
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I'm heading to bed now, i'll send it in the morning if you pm me tonight.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    See? Didn't I tell you you should post it fsephie?

Brandon works wonders! I knew you'd get it!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    wow. All i have to do is write a essay? Anyone with fancy words and begging in a classy way can get f*n? That member is less active here n still...? Do not understand.? If i new that i would have posted some crazy long threads on why i should be a f*n member such as i have been here a long time-no trades-been respectful, never screwed anyone over, but- congrats???
    Last edited by pone44; 11-30-2007 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Too easy??? more like spam, everyone should do this if its that easy, member is not even as active as other i saw request ftn

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast