Thread: No one opened a topic so i will, "Project Gazelle"

Roy.A's Avatar Noddin' My Head

Urgent

*Taken from Paine's blog ~ that taken from What.cd , i edited the post and picked the essential parts*

What.cd users were presented with a riddle on the front page of their website today.
    What begins with a G, ends with a E, and can run at 50 miles per hour?
    The answer, it seems, is Gazelle (not Giraffe as I first thought -- they can only manage 32 miles per hour), and once you input the correct answer you're presented with a link to Project Gazelle.

Edit : What.cd have now posted a news bulletin about Project Gazelle:
    Well, I'm sure you've all seen our latest riddle, What begins with a G, ends with a E, and can run at 50 miles per hour, so I guess its time for an official announcement. The answer is 'gazelle', and if you guess correctly, the page links you to
    http://projectgazelle.org. Project Gazelle is the official name of our new sourcecode.
    Our sourcecode is meant to be the foundation of a high volume website, and has been designed around that concept. It has full memcached support, and the vast majority of the pages should be able to be run using only one to three queries - for the end user, this means "lots more users, and a very fast website". This is a pretty impressive feat, allowing a website to handle tens of thousands of users on even the weakest servers. Furthermore, the entire sourcecode is modularized - this allows people to easily create their own features, or variations of features already implemented.
    The sourcecode is well organized, and commented. This means that users with only a basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL will be able to run a fully functional and scalable torrent site. In addition to ease of use, our sourcecode allows for the easy development of additional features by the general public. We feel that this is one of the stronger points of our code.
    We have also taken a note from the previous issues with our current source, and are writing Project Gazelle with security in mind.
    Development is coming along at a steady pace, and we expect to have a closed beta running within the next 6 weeks. We'll give you updates on the development every time we have something to get excited about, but for the time being, just keep on using the current site - all of the important data will be transferred over when we're done.
    I am not a member at What.cd but i have to say this move Looks very revolutionary,
    im happy for them ~
    * i think the Gazelle logo is absolutely beautiful, the Designer deserves Kudos *
    Last edited by Roy.A; 11-30-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Long Live Piracy ~

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    You thought a giraffe could run at 50 MPH
    Now go away.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    You thought a giraffe could run at 50 MPH
    its not me its a QUOTE =|

Long Live Piracy ~

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    /me waiting for coders like brandon , mr fox to comment on this one

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    the rumor say it will be open to the public ... who knows =\

Long Live Piracy ~

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    thnx