Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just got seedBox

Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    another person on the thread, told me their services are oversold so it might take someone a few months to reach their limit
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Adman, do you have root access on the box? i.e., can you do manage the box however you want and install stuff, etc.? seems these boxes might be managed with no root access from another users post

if yes, what is the speed of the computer like?

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    another person on the thread, told me their services are oversold so it might take someone a few months to reach their limit
    Nah. You won't get the full 5-10MB/sec all the time, but the speeds (other than FTP) are still quite fast. My first plan was 100GB and I burned through it in no time at all. My second one was bigger.

I think it's likely that dedicated servers are probably better for those with the cash and/or technical knowhow, but for people who lack those or who just want to check the whole seedbox thing out, I think it's a good option.
    Last edited by shygrrrl; 12-05-2007 at 02:31 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    Adman, do you have root access on the box? i.e., can you do manage the box however you want and install stuff, etc.? seems these boxes might be managed with no root access from another users post

if yes, what is the speed of the computer like?
    No its not like that its the utorrent webui and you will have ftp access. It is a seedbox not a normal server.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234