Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Weird ScT problem.. Anyone having the same thing?

Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post

My speed sucks, too, but I live in the US, do I get 10GB of upload credit?
    really how bad is the speed in us...5/10 mbps
    well there r countries where the speed is a lot lower.......and i said some kind of support from the sct site to help them maintian ratios..it need be 10 gb uplaod credit....may be a few freeleech torrents..or some kind of bonus point....
    My speed is ~1mbps
    = fastest I can get in my area.

By the way, I may have to try a little harder, and take advantage of freeleech more than others, but I have no problem maintaining a decent ratio on bittorrent sites without cheating. And I could keep a 3+ average if I really felt the need to. There's really no reason to cheat other than laziness.
    Last edited by Grind$oFine; 12-03-2007 at 07:50 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    sct is a high tech tracker. if you don't have the right technical equipment and speed you can't use it.

if people have slow pipes it's not their problem. they are a private tracker and not a charity organisation for worldwide low bandwith users.

you can't take part in a formula one race with a crappy old car and ask the race organiser to buy you a new one, because it's so slow.

what's next? my hd is too small, give me 10gb credit?

i can easily have a good ratio on any tracker with my 1 Mbit upload.

if you can't, choose another tracker.
    I agree 100% with you polarbear...

If you are having problems with the tracker either in speed, community or contents.... Just find another tracker that suit you best...There are plenty of trackers that you can choose...
    Last edited by kirktrix; 12-03-2007 at 07:52 AM.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    [QUOTE=stitched;2468348]
    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    the whole concept of bt community was based on getting things for free... if u cant upload as much as you download soo what....
    you have a few misunderstandings here:

the concept of bt is sharing and not getting things for free. if everyone had this attitude there was no bittorrent and no files to download.

if you don't share back 1:1 and just leech, ftn will disable you just as any other tracker would.

if you can't seed back, don't use private tracker or maybe think of another method to get your files.

but you are going for higher tracker even though you haven't understood the concept of a public tracker.

no offence, but this is getting on my nerves.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post

really how bad is the speed in us...5/10 mbps
    well there r countries where the speed is a lot lower.......and i said some kind of support from the sct site to help them maintian ratios..it need be 10 gb uplaod credit....may be a few freeleech torrents..or some kind of bonus point....
    sct is a high tech tracker. if you don't have the right technical equipment and speed you can't use it.

if people have slow pipes it's not their problem. they are a private tracker and not a charity organisation for worldwide low bandwith users.

you can't take part in a formula one race with a crappy old car and ask the race organiser to buy you a new one, because it's so slow.

yeah absolutly.....may be that is y we r living in such a fast paced,hightech, modern world full of terrorism,sadness,cruelity because u either fit in and u get lost in the oblivion ....and with an atitude like this no wonder our world is doomed.....every one deserves to be in the very best of anything...be it education,hospitals,hotels.........or a bt community......and that can never happen...because equality is something everyone is born with and not to live with....when those unfortunate(150 users,i heard) few who have lesser speeds and still want to be in the very best of the communities are being left out because they cant run as fast as you.....if this is the attitude in sumthing as small as a "bt community" ...to bring a bigger change,or a happier world will never happen...people should be more considerate....watch the movies...."schindler's list,zeitgeist"...picture speaks louder then words..forget it anwyas.. i wont reply any more.. because thatz the way the world is and has been and i am too small of a person too change anything.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post

I agree 100% with you polarbear...

If you are having problems with the tracker either in speed, community or contents.... Just find another tracker that suit you best...There are plenty of trackers that you can choose...
    I really don't know what the ratio fuzz is about either. I have 512Kbps up and have over 100GB buffer in 6 months. Just use free leech next time to your advantage. Also that buffer is while seeding on several other sites as well, so my guess is that you could survive on dialup there if needed

Slow upspeed is no excuse at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    the problem is more about people's attitude,rather then ratios....just the mention of free leech for helping out someone(150 users/17000=0.0088) who had lesser speed was met with soo much of critisism,althou it had nuthing to do with thier own ratios....its not like banning 150 people would make the site any better then it was before,and the site wasnt any bad with those guys in it for all these days......in a place like bt....which has .00..002% of worlds population and IN A VIRTUAL WORLD....just imagine how would the reaction be when and if asked to help out some less fortunate living under poverty line in REAL WORLD....its such a cruel world...and i jsut dont get the whole point y they teach us moral science when we r younger so that some one else would take advantage of us being moral...is it jsut me who feels this?
    the color of the trees in every country could be green ,if people r more helpfull to eachother
    hmm anywas....i guess i have finally lost my mind.
    Last edited by stitched; 12-03-2007 at 09:27 AM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    This is wut i hate to see,A member started a thread with this problem,Spammers come,hijack the thread and start throwing their shit in...
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost+Rider View Post
    This is wut i hate to see,A member started a thread with this problem,Spammers come,hijack the thread and start throwing their shit in...
    I actually like the way it's turned out.. I'm gonna get home in a few minutes, and I'll post a couple comments on the posts here.. I usually hate threads being hijacked, but this one has genuinely generated some very interesting posts..

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Did ScT unban dynamic IPS? I think the people with dynamic ips are screwed.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    Did ScT unban dynamic IPS? I think the people with dynamic ips are screwed.
    you may get unbanned with a dynamic ip as well. they use account authorisation.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 12-03-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast