Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: to all roadrunners newsgrouppers clients

Hello guys, untill yesterday morning, I could connect to NYC road runner newsgroup , with 20 connections and download at 800kbps or more.
    From yesterday night untill now, I can connect with just 4 connections at the same time , and my speed went down to 500 kbps.
    They other connection , I get timeout road runner server.
    Do u get the same problem , or I get this problem because they capped my newsgroup access to 4 connection to limit my speed ??
    thank u

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    same here. im in chat with them right now

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    n18's Avatar Death God
    using altbinz here, downloading @ 950kb/s but it lets me download 5 articles @ a time ( note: its different than connections)

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    im getting 100 kbs wtf

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcolisi View Post
    Hello guys, untill yesterday morning, I could connect to NYC road runner newsgroup , with 20 connections and download at 800kbps or more.
    From yesterday night untill now, I can connect with just 4 connections at the same time , and my speed went down to 500 kbps.
    They other connection , I get timeout road runner server.
    Do u get the same problem , or I get this problem because they capped my newsgroup access to 4 connection to limit my speed ??
    thank u
    Call tech support. It's fast and they're pretty informative with any issues such these.

yo

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    they said all LA, CA area customers(former aldelphia customers) area having slow speeds, packet loss , etc

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by iNVADER View Post
    they said all LA, CA area customers(former aldelphia customers) area having slow speeds, packet loss , etc
    Reasons? ETA till normal speeds resume? Suggested port change? Etc.?

yo

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    no gave no reasons but(former aldelphia customers) they said there is no estimated ETA but it will be fixed soon

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    hi n18,
    u said that:

downloading @ 950kb/s but it lets me download 5 articles @ a time ( note: its different than connections)

what do u mean??
    How can I setup 5 articles @ a time ?
    and
    how many connection do u use??

thank u so much

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    Your not alone guys. I've been having shity speeds all this week and last week. The best I can get is 200kbps. Only times I'm able to pull 10mpbs is around 2-3 am based on my logs. All of LA is basically screwed right now. I already called and complained and was given a month free. I suggest everyone try to do the same because this isn't the first time and it's really getting ridiculous.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r192...peeds-In-SoCal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast