Thread: 2 ?s What determins Speed & how to download multiple articals at once

Ok I am new to newsgroups and got two quick questions. I can download at 1100KB/s from the net however whle downloading articles I am only getting around 250KB/s why?

Is there a way to download more than one article at the same time with newsleecher v3.9?

Ok well it looks like I have almost answered both of my questions... I figured out how to download more than one article in newsleecher. I tried 5 connections but got an error so It looks like 4 is the most I can get.... I can also download at like 800 kb/s now however each article is still not going faster than 250kb any ideas why?
    Last edited by hevnbnd; 12-02-2007 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    It is suddenlink I have cable service in two different towns with two different providers. Can I add a 2nd Server for the other provider and download more articles at once?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Your Internet service is probably like mine.
    I can download at 1200-1300KB\s, but my ISP throttles each connection. The more connections you have to Usenet, the faster you'll be able to go.

I would look into a Usenet provider that allows more than four connections, not a second provider like you are suggesting.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Newsdemon allows 20 bots in premium account...

newshosting... 10 bots i think.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    So will the second provider work? Anyone got that to work?

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    You only need one provider.
    You just need a provider that gives you more than four connections at once.

I.E. my provider gives me 20 connections at once.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    well seeing that my provider only gives me 4 can I add the server for my other account at a different location and connect to it as well?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    You can use as many providers as you like, many clients support that.
    However, if you are paying for both it is a waste of cash. If one is provided by your ISP, the pay provider's service is probably gonna be so superior it won't make sense to use the free one.