Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hivebox Review

Sorry that this wasn't posted earlier, but it just came to my attention that others have been wanting to know more about us.

What is Hivebox.net?

We host utorrent WebUI and ftp accounts on a 100M and 1G servers that you have access to, but you don't have actual remote connections to the server itself.

The utorrent WebUI is accessed through your browser and you can maintain your torrents anyway that you like.

You access the FTP through a secure encryption in which you can upload/download files from, which does count against your bandwidth used.

Why use Hivebox.net?

Unsure about what to do on a seedbox? Don't feel like you have enough knowledge about networks to be comfortable on a seedbox? Don't have the money to maintain your own seedbox? Well, that's what we're here for then. To help you with the technical aspects on it so that you just have to pay attention to your files, all at a low cost.

Can I use my Hivebox account to upload?

Yes. It's easier than most people think, you just have to have the files on a computer that you can access and have them uploaded to your account. You would then make the torrent on the computer you have access to, make the torrent file, fill out the torrent info and create the torrent, then download the torrent to get it started...only instead of opening the torrent on your computer, you upload it to the seedbox in the WebUI.

How are the speeds?

Speeds differ on sites and really depends on who is connecting to you. Not everyone in the world is connectable due to misconfigured torrent client, routers, firewalls, networks, ISP blocking, etc.

But be warned...on some sites you can easily use up your bandwidth in one day. At one point, I was uploading 18G every 20 minutes on one particular site...

Some screenshots of the speeds were posted on toptorrents here: http://toptorrents.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2962

Quick Notes

I don't use the FTP to download my files. I only use it to upload files to Hivebox. If I want a particular file, I'll download it to my hard drive and to the seedbox. I'll turn off my utorrent once it's done and then just seed back the file on the seedbox to a 2:2 at least...same bandwidth is used and you'll get the file faster in some cases.

I hope this answers most of your questions. If you have any other questions, please stop by toptorrents.org and post your questions there. We have a lot of members that frequent this board as well, but we spend most of our time there or on Hivebox.

Peace!

AIO

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Nice review

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Hey, didn't you say you were gonn let me try it out for free?

Edit: Nevermind, I just found out I can I'm getting a little out of the loop over there.
    Last edited by DefX; 12-03-2007 at 09:36 PM.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    nice review, the only problem i had was the bandwidth limit
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    IGetMoney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    what bandwith limit??^^ i have some questions i herd that you FTP only from hivebox at 250kb is that true if not what else can you use to transfer the downloaded file to your pc??

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    oh what i mean is the usage limit
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetMoney View Post
    what bandwith limit??^^ i have some questions i herd that you FTP only from hivebox at 250kb is that true if not what else can you use to transfer the downloaded file to your pc??
    The ftp speeds depend where you are located. In the uk some people hit upwards of 1mb/s.

In the states I here it is 250 max I believe. Using ftp is the only way to get the files to your pc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
    Using ftp is the only way to get the files to your pc.
    thats the issue 4 me. makes it tougher to buffer

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetMoney View Post
    See my QUICK NOTES which I included in case someone had questions about the ftp. I don't use the FTP to download my files, I use the originating torrent site.

Please also note that you can buy more bandwidth if you want it. It depends on the server speeds and how much bandwidth that you would like.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IGetMoney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    when you say originating torrent site what do you mean i am asking like say you download from the hivebox and then want the torrent file on your pc so you just select where on the computer you want it downloaded am i right lol???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast