Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hatton vs Mayweather

fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

[youtube]WjAdsMgPd1s[/youtube]

I'd love to see Hatton KO Mayweather by a kidney shot, but I think it'll be Hatton by Unanimous Decision.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    First I am a little drunk so cut me some slack.

I must say that I have total respect now for Mayweather. I made a friendly bet of a mere $5 that Hatton would win.

I am glad I lost my $5.

What changed? Just one thing.

The brat fuckers booing our national anthem even before Tyrese started singing.

Cheering your fighter on is one thing. Making it disrespectful is another.

Ok so bratland finally gets some good boxers don't be a fucking dick.

I listened when they cheered every little thing that Hatton did, even when they were misses.

Your fighter got handled and exposed.

Best $5 I lost. After that national anthem snub I was hoping I lost my money.

Hatton got one nice one early in the fight that made Mayweather stumble.

Either round 8 or 9 Mayweather didn't even fight like his normal self and handled Hatton in the middle of the ring.

I was stunned.

Mayweather jabbed Hatton at will. The numbers showed that Hatton threw more punches than Mayweather yet landed wayyyyy less.

I am glad Mayweather knocked him the fuck out so their wouldn't be any question who won the fight. I hate ambiguity in boxing.

I am quite surprised how Mayweather fought. I forgot that Hatton talked shit (like most boxers do but I thought Hatton different) saying he his 4 rounds with Castillo had more action than Floyd's whole career.

Well that brought Floyd out of "retirement" to blemish his record.

I said it before and I'll say it again.

America has the biggest market. Having an unblemished record elsewhere vs. being unblemished in America ain't the same.

Bigger markets draw the greater competition.

I should have known to bet on Mayweather since Hatton had problems with Collazo.

Oh well it was only five. I bet all the brat contingent brought to cheer Hatton just Shut Right The Fuck Up.

I wasn't happy to see Hatton's mom cry though.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-09-2007 at 08:14 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I'd certainly agree that hatton never looked like winning it.

What I didn't like though, which i'd never seen before, was the way in which mayweather spent the first six rounds basically bent double and just lunging towards hatton with no intention of boxing therefore practically stopping there being any chance of a proper fight happening. Clever tactics to win, certainly, however it made the boxing awful to watch tho'.

On the other hand, mayweather's speed was fan-tastic.

edit: About booing the national anthem; I agree that it shouldn't happen however that chap certainly took the pish with all that over the top warbling.
    Tom Jones should have sung both (he's welsh, before you say about an englishman singing the merkin national anthem) and maybe thrown in sex bomb too
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 12-09-2007 at 08:47 AM.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    I'd certainly agree that hatton never looked like winning it.

What I didn't like though, which i'd never seen before, was the way in which mayweather spent the first six rounds basically bent double and just lunging towards hatton with no intention of boxing therefore practically stopping there being any chance of a proper fight happening. Clever tactics to win, certainly, however it made the boxing awful to watch tho'.

On the other hand, mayweather's speed was fan-tastic.

edit: About booing the national anthem; I agree that it shouldn't happen however that chap certainly took the pish with all that over the top warbling.
    Tom Jones should have sung both (he's welsh, before you say about an englishman singing the merkin national anthem) and maybe thrown in sex bomb too
    Yeah but boxing can't just be "rush in like Hatton and brawl".

You thought that was painful? I thought the Mayweather fight against De La Hoya was painful.

This one was a clinic in boxing. It basically looked like the overzealous fighter (not saying Hatton actually is) against the calm, cool, collected fighter.

I noticed that Mayweather wasn't the only one holding anyway.

The punch numbers say it all. Hatton couldn't land shit and Mayweather landed poignant shots.

The first 6 rounds didn't look painful at all too me. Mayweather is defensive and picks his shots.

Hatton will throw 10 punches and be lucky if he scores a hit on Mayweather.

Mayweather landed 39% of his punches and threw less. I think Hatton landed 17%.

Mayweather even beat Hatton in power shots.

Again I wasn't surprised that Hatton was wayyy behind on all 3 scorecards.

Also when Mayweather was bent lunging toward Hatton, that wasn't the first 6 rounds. That was only the middle rounds and all Hatton had to do was hit Mayweather.

What happened when Mayweather did that?..........

Mayweather tagged Hatton in the mouth...over....and....over....and....over.

Proper fight my ass. Hatton was properly getting hit in the face.

The national anthem was fine. Black R&B singers (plus the Christina Aguilera's and such) tend to have vibrato in their voices.

It's cool to have singers bring their own touch to the anthem....as long as it's not toooooo much.

Tyrese sang it pretty well. Our anthem ain't a easy gig.

Some of my faves have been Destiny's Child and Whitney Houston.

We all like Tom Jones, btw. He's a cool cat.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Long post so I won't quote it but in short; I pretty much agree with you. I just personally think that that defensive style certainly appears to work however it doesn't make the most entertaining boxing in the world. It's a lot like england's egg-chasing, they don't go for tries but go for kicks instead. It often wins the games but it's fecking dull to watch.

Oh, and your point about the black r&b singers using vibrato; I personally just think it sounds pish. (I knew what a vibrato was and how they're used by r&b singers already by the way, despite me being white)

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

6. Lounge   -   #36
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Mayweather's left hooks in the 10th were awesome. Hatton went down like a ton of bricks that second time.

I was nearly gonna stick 20 quids on Mayweather last night.

Kicking myself now.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    I haven't seen the fight yet so can't really make any meaningful comment. However I will happily and unreservedly congratulate Mayweather on his win and on his continuing unbeaten run. Well done that man. You are without question the best fighter in the World just now and will be remembered as an all time great.

On another note, I too hate that whole booing another Country's anthem thing. I'm not a big national identity guy or anything, however I know a lot of people are and the whole disrespect thing is a disgraceful way to behave.

I'd like to say that it's a drunken Englishman abroad thing, but the Scots are just as bad, home and away. Well the football supporters certainly are.

Did I ever mention I was Irish.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    o well was a good fight between them both i thought hatton was getting the better of mayweather untill hatton got nocked out in the 10th round sadly but they out up a good fight.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i dunno what fight you were watching, mayweather fought like a pussy, constantly running away and putting his head down through the ropes, he deserved to loose.
    Last edited by Alien5; 12-09-2007 at 03:30 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Long post so I won't quote it but in short; I pretty much agree with you. I just personally think that that defensive style certainly appears to work however it doesn't make the most entertaining boxing in the world. It's a lot like england's egg-chasing, they don't go for tries but go for kicks instead. It often wins the games but it's fecking dull to watch.

Oh, and your point about the black r&b singers using vibrato; I personally just think it sounds pish.
    Yeah you aren't the only one. There's black guy from Trinidad (grew up in a white neighborhood) in my crew and when talking about singing in general, he always asks, "Why couldn't they just sing it straight kinda flat. Why the vibrating the voice?"

I tell him "cuz it sounds better, man". Imagine opera singers singing like that. It would sound shit.
    ----

Mayweather likes to mix it up. Dodge, dodge, hit.

Hatton kinda just goes after you....and....goes after.

He's a bull and not very defensive. He overwhelms a fighter with his energy and I thought he'd do that with Mayweather.

I need to get this fight on disc. If it had went the distance, I wouldn't want it but since Hatton got cold cocked it upped the value for me.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-09-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast