Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tip For Faster Web Page Loading

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    This tweak helped somewhat. Perhaps from a five second average page load to a measely two. Decent. It is not intended for helping internet speed, I know, but it does help page loading (once you get to the site). I give it three out out of four stars. B)

Now how about one that cuts down the load time when you logon to your system altogether? XP is notorious for "stalling" before deciding to load the start-up programs. I know that there is a tweak similiar to the one for internet page loading (registry value edit), however, it has been so long since I have come across it that I have forgotten what to edit.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Izagaia, 5 to 2 sec is great not decent.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Originally posted by zapjb@26 July 2003 - 01:31
    Izagaia, 5 to 2 sec is great not decent.
    Yeah- you are right...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    This works! I didn't even reboot and noticed a difference. I'm on dialup and I had something downloading at the time yet I noticed a difference.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Ninjastyle@25 July 2003 - 23:01
    This works! I didn't even reboot and noticed a difference. I'm on dialup and I had something downloading at the time yet I noticed a difference.
    I dont buy that . This tip may help page load performance but in no way will it increase file download speeds. If your on 56k then thats all your gonna get is max 56kps nothing more. Because thats all your modem is capable of.

Speaking of 56k I think it should be free. every country or state should have local ras (routing and remote access) servers where people can dial in and connect to the net for free. I mean damn what the hell do we pay taxes for? Luckily I dont have to deal with that problem.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    great tip / pages load much much much faster-thanks-
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    COOOL

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Originally posted by shn+26 July 2003 - 05:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 26 July 2003 - 05:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ninjastyle@25 July 2003 - 23:01
    This works&#33; I didn&#39;t even reboot and noticed a difference. I&#39;m on dialup and I had something downloading at the time yet I noticed a difference.
    I dont buy that . This tip may help page load performance but in no way will it increase file download speeds. If your on 56k then thats all your gonna get is max 56kps nothing more. Because thats all your modem is capable of.

Speaking of 56k I think it should be free. every country or state should have local ras (routing and remote access) servers where people can dial in and connect to the net for free. I mean damn what the hell do we pay taxes for? Luckily I dont have to deal with that problem. [/b][/quote]
    Who said ANYTHING about downloading speeds? I was talking about WEB PAGES LOADING UP, which is what this thread is about. What I&#39;m saying is I noticed web pages load faster even whle I&#39;m downloading.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Originally posted by Izagaia@26 July 2003 - 03:17
    This tweak helped somewhat. Perhaps from a five second average page load to a measely two. Decent. It is not intended for helping internet speed, I know, but it does help page loading (once you get to the site). I give it three out out of four stars. B)

Now how about one that cuts down the load time when you logon to your system altogether? XP is notorious for "stalling" before deciding to load the start-up programs. I know that there is a tweak similiar to the one for internet page loading (registry value edit), however, it has been so long since I have come across it that I have forgotten what to edit.
    I found my faster boot tip, along with other GREAT XP tweaks Here&#33; Enjoy&#33;
    Sage goes in the signature field.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Originally posted by true_neo@26 July 2003 - 15:24
    I found my faster boot tip, along with other GREAT XP tweaks Here&#33; Enjoy&#33;
    Nice. B)
    Thank-you.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast