Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tip For Faster Web Page Loading

PAiNKiLLER
    Excellent work...Amazing...

Image Resized

2. Software & Hardware   -   #62
    I've done this tip in the past and yes it does work on most, yet if u want to make it even faster then here's my tip:

1. understand exactly how Name Resolution works and what steps it takes to process your request
    1. NetBIOS name cache — A client first queries the local NetBIOS name cache. NetBIOS names and IP addresses are preloaded into the name cache when a #PRE entry for the names and IP addresses appears in the LMHOSTS file
    2. WINS server — If the unresolved NetBIOS name isn’t found in the name cache, NT tries to locate that name using a WINS server.
      Broadcasts within an IP subnetwork — If the name cache and WINS server aren’t available or fail to produce a match, the client typically tries a broadcast to the other computers in the network
    3. LMHOSTS file(s) — If a broadcast fails to resolve the name and “Enable LMHOSTS Lookup” is checked, the client looks at the LMHOSTS file for the entries that weren’t preloaded into the NetBIOS name cache
    4. HOSTS file — If the LMHOSTS file search fails, the client then looks at the HOSTS file
    5. DNS server — If “Enable DNS for Windows Resolution” is checked, the client queries the DNS server, which returns the IP address
      Knowing the order of name resolution methods will help you optimize access to resources-Microsoft
    2. make sure that the value assigned to HOSTS is arithmetically lower than that for DNS and WINS
    3. Other registry to consider tweaking
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NBF\Parameters
    4. Last but certainley not least, is adding the IP addresses of the sites u visit often. Remember, without this step, the query to identify/translate the name addresse you typed is initiated.

Note that AOL doesn't use the standard TCP/IP stack (at least not the last time I checked)

In conclusion, these tips may or may not work for you. It has for me, for many years and with the new addition of NetLimiter, believe it or not - some sites decline my connection "error-connection is too fast". THIS IS NOT A JOKE.
    Use with caution and always backup your registry before attempting any kind of change. good luck.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #63
    btw, those 2 reistries to consider tweaking, just copy and paste in google.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #64
    PAiNKiLLER
    I didnt get what u said at no. 1, can I know in more datails?

Image Resized

5. Software & Hardware   -   #65
    Bump for the people who missed out

6. Software & Hardware   -   #66
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Thanks, I did this once, but reformated since then. Works great, thanks for the bump. I suggest everyone do this.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #67
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    lol you shoulda bumbed this on the 23rd...
    made it the 1st anniversary of this thread

Rafi

8. Software & Hardware   -   #68
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Old, but still usefull.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #69
    so whats the technical reasoning behind all this, has anybody actually found out?

In other words why does it work?

you can't get something for nothing, so whats being lost

10. Software & Hardware   -   #70
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Changes the priority that stuff comes in... Made that up lol.

But thanks for the tip.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast