Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help me Purchasing a 1 Gbit seedbox

I know having a gigabit Connection would be nice, but its really not necessary, the allowed usage on both 100 mbps and 1 Gbit is usally the same 1-3 TB but the price on gigabit is higher, basically ull be using the same amount of ur connection even if its a gigabit.

Ive used 4-5 100 mbit seedboxes and almost all have done over 5-6 MBps and 5-6 MBpss should be more thn enuff for a single torrent. And if u got ur own tracker and thinking of hosting 100's of torrents on it at once thn keep in mind ull use the BW within a week or two if ur site is any active.

The only place a gigabit would be useful would be when ur on a torrent that gets over 100 peers within few minutes, but thats not the case with most torrents only a few populour releases are that active.

However if all u want is good pretimes thn a gigabit can be good options, but ull have to make sure the Gigabit server has good connectivity to ur TopSite or ull end with the same DL speed ull get with a 100 mbps or even less.

Neways thats just by advice, its ur decision

BTW neone used OVH gigabit?

I ordered a 100 mbps from OVH once but they limited me to 5 mbps saying they dont sell to customers not in the listed countries, bit if someone orders they provide it but at 5 mbps, so i got a refund from them. Have they started selling to UK yet?

Thr gigabit server looks good since its unlimited
    Last edited by B3hAnch00d; 12-07-2007 at 04:54 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    5TB with 1Gbit and 3 ppl on it is kinda little (just saying it wouldnt be enough for me)

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by B3hAnch00d View Post
    I know having a gigabit Connection would be nice, but its really not necessary, the allowed usage on both 100 mbps and 1 Gbit is usally the same 1-3 TB but the price on gigabit is higher, basically ull be using the same amount of ur connection even if its a gigabit.

Ive used 4-5 100 mbit seedboxes and almost all have done over 5-6 MBps and 5-6 MBpss should be more thn enuff for a single torrent. And if u got ur own tracker and thinking of hosting 100's of torrents on it at once thn keep in mind ull use the BW within a week or two if ur site is any active.

The only place a gigabit would be useful would be when ur on a torrent that gets over 100 peers within few minutes, but thats not the case with most torrents only a few populour releases are that active.

However if all u want is good pretimes thn a gigabit can be good options, but ull have to make sure the Gigabit server has good connectivity to ur TopSite or ull end with the same DL speed ull get with a 100 mbps or even less.

Neways thats just by advice, its ur decision

BTW neone used OVH gigabit?

I ordered a 100 mbps from OVH once but they limited me to 5 mbps saying they dont sell to customers not in the listed countries, bit if someone orders they provide it but at 5 mbps, so i got a refund from them. Have they started selling to UK yet?

Thr gigabit server looks good since its unlimited
    Nice Username and ty for the info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234