Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention FST Admins

bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    "Selling invites in any form on FST is NOT allowed"
    Its very clearly stated in section guidelines that you cannot offer or ask for money, in exchange of invites.
    So someone can easily use that money to go and buy a seedbox or an RS premium account and offer that instead. This is happening very consistently here. Isnt this the same as selling/buying invites? Indirectly it is money right?
    As we all go by mottos such as 'Never Pay For Filesharing' and 'Invites are meant to be free', I feel this is a trend is against the spirit of filesharing communities.
    Most probably you have already taken note of this. While trading free invites for free invites is acceptable, I just feel that this is not fair and really shouldnt be allowed. But well, thats just my opinion..
    I just hope that people here dont find it out of my place to say this

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I said its acceptable i.e wont get you banned. Never said its the best thing for your rep here

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    i completley agree. its an unfair advantage. and is exactley the same as paying for invites.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    It's not. What about ScT invites? You, in theory, are paying for them to be traded, and therefor are paying for whatever invite you traded them for.

We on FST do not allow the use of money in it's direct form to purchase invites. We do not allow people to sell their invites directly for money. End of story.. Quite simple really.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    It's not. What about ScT invites? You, in theory, are paying for them to be traded, and therefor are paying for whatever invite you traded them for.

We on FST do not allow the use of money in it's direct form to purchase invites. We do not allow people to sell their invites directly for money. End of story.. Quite simple really.
    Couldn't have said that better really.

We cannot determine by what means a member obtained an account they are trading.

There is a definite line between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    i completley agree. its an unfair advantage. and is exactley the same as paying for invites.
    No, no it isn't.

Often times the member trading the RS account, for example is not even the original purchaser.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-04-2007 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yo

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

So in your opinion if someone offers a travellers check. Is that ok? How can you draw that line?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    travellers checks are monitary funds, a seedbox or RS account is not money, so no, that is not ok.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post

So in your opinion if someone offers a travellers check. Is that ok? How can you draw that line?
    A travelers check has a direct monetary value and is considered "same as cash".

Offering $20 for an invite for example is against the rules; the payment method is moot.

yo

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    where you buy crap is no ones buisness unless its here, Simple, no money in exchange for any invites or accounts are the rules right? If so then theres nothing to debate. If you wanna buy or sell your invites or accounts somewhere else, go to the torrentfreak forums and scam or get scammed there...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    KOneWOne's Avatar Nothing to see here BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Often times the member trading the RS account, for example is not even the original purchaser.
    true I guess

K1
    Last edited by KOneWOne; 01-09-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast