Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nav 2003 S*** Itself

TRshady
    NAV always used to cause problems for me, maybe due to it being the version of kazaa whichis whyI have stuck with AVG and it has served me well.

I love norton systemworks though,does this meanthe 2004 edition is due out soon too?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i had the same problem as u and i later found out it was a virus it disables auto protect and live update the only way around it iz to delete a recent file u dled or put all ur files to a cd(S) then restall windows then install ur internet and norton only then update norton then install everything else and u'll be fine.

thanks for that could be the problem

My next question is what the hell is the point of a anti virus?? then if it doesn't work??

Whats the name of the virus?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Fire Fox Fan
    this happened to me quite recently but i cant remember the virus properly but i think it waz called big blue.

that will only take effect if u didnt update norton. thats how i got the virus.

did u dl a emulator or a microsoft product form kazaa lite?

mm ur rite whats the point of an antivirus if it doesnt work

if u have to re-install windows at least u'll have all of ur files (execpt the virus)

u may find that after a while ur internet starts to go slower unless u have dsl or something like that

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hmmm I dont get it the only things Ive downlaoded were varifieds and music off soulseek

Im only 56k user and still am getting speeds of 5.2 maz so hmmm not sure

btw how did you find the virus?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Seeing this post confirms things for me. I recently had to Uninstall and Reinstall NAV 2003 but after installing and it going through the Defintions Update of the install It wouldn't complete..and after being told by a few people that it might be a server problem on the end of Symantec Now i know it wasn't as it seems they have figured it out..and Now Updates can't be installed. I definitely knew something was wrong when after reinstalling a second time and the Subscription Date was the same as the time before and this was even after going in and Using Ashampoo Optimizer to wipe files. Anyone have any luck with the Corporate Edition or is the same thing going on with Virus Defintion Updates wit that version also?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    ditch norton's I got kaspersky which is far superior off irc. I'd create a hash but I hardly use kazaa.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Fire Fox Fan
    rit this topic waz MADE so the guy could get help not for being told how good or crap norton is.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by summond_skull@23 July 2003 - 18:43
    rit this topic waz MADE so the guy could get help not for being told how good or crap norton is.
    Sorry but telling someone the software they use is crap and to get a better product instead of reinstalling the same junk is help. Moderate a post and tell someone what theycan reply with when you're a moderator. Kaspersky catches virus norton's misses. Norton IS crap. That's my HELP. Don't agree? TOUGH!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Ant new hardware installed, i had this problem. Norton drivers conflicting with my peice of shit scanner. I disabled autostart autoprotect then after i booted up enabled it until I got a better scanner. If you have installed any new hardware lately it could be a driver conflict, because antivirus does use drivers and they are not really that solid.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Forum Star
    just to try and rule out the point that the updates on the version from k-lite are whats messing it up - i use the d/l'd version and my updates and virus definitions are still working fine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast