Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winamp 3

Poster
    Resource hogging? You people must have a different version of winamp3 than I have. Check out the bitmap at this link and notice the processor and memory usage. With 43 running processes(it's a server after all). I don't see any problems with this program whatsoever. I'd be really interested in seeing similar benchmark proof though.

http://members.shaw.ca/telfaq/winamp3.htm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    Well, actually, most people seem to equate "loads slow" with "resource hog", which isn't entirely true. When I had Wa3 installed, it did load a fair bit slower than 2.81, and it, not surprisingly, required more RAM than 2.81, but not an absurd amount more (maybe a few MB).

Personally, I was really looking forward To Wa3, but... it was a disappointment. Nullsoft knows it, too; they took Wa3 back to alpha status (judging by the latest builds).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    I think the trick to faster loading may be to deny it access to the web. I told it I didn't have an internet connection and it hasn't tried to connect since.
    What the hell would I want a media player to connect to the web for anyway?
    If I want to play a web based file, I leech it to hard drive and play it from there.

From what I understand, the subsequent releases don't support video either so they of course would have less to load. Winamp3 was my fallback video player before the BS player came along. Many files worked that wouldn't open with any other player.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12