2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    You'll be fine if you don't change the other info on your accounts

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IceTee's Avatar Fo'shizzle my nizzle BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYoY View Post
    I just hope you don't cancel your moving because of torrent sites

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    luckylittle's Avatar Custom user title
    I don't think it will be a problem. I am traveling a lot - back and force (EU and USA) and I never had problems with it. I used like 16 different IPs (random WiFi networks) from two countries...
    DO NOT PM ME FOR INVITE(S)!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    You have nothing to worry about. I have logged in to all of my accounts from different ips, including from other countries and have never had any problems. No site bans you because of an ip change.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You have nothing to worry about. I have logged in to all of my accounts from different ips, including from other countries and have never had any problems. No site bans you because of an ip change.
    Not strictly true.

Most sites have staff tools that will monitor and track suspicious account activity.

In today's climate of trading, some trackers are actually very likely to question or ban your account due to suspicious activity.

Don't be too confident that sites don't take any notice of ISP and country changes, that's all I'm saying.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    i don't know squizzle. sure they take notice, but i change my IP every 2 weeks at longest for http(s) and for seeding the ip changes every 48 hours at longest. not only do they change but they change countries. it is a proxied setup. not once have i had a problem on any of the bt sites i'm on. other forums of piracy.. that is a different story.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Not strictly true.

Most sites have staff tools that will monitor and track suspicious account activity.

In today's climate of trading, some trackers are actually very likely to question or ban your account due to suspicious activity.

Don't be too confident that sites don't take any notice of ISP and country changes, that's all I'm saying.
    Well no site im a member of, including wheelmods, has ever banned me. Which strongly suggests every decent site will look for more than just an ip change before labelling an account as being traded.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnap View Post
    I plan to move within 6 months, and since I get the pleasure of seeing traders get banned for IP changes, I'm wondering how I should do this. I'm on maybe 10 trackers, so I was thinking of writing in my profile, Moving within 6 months. I'm wondering if those disables are instant on IP range change if so I'd have to go to IRC and talk to an admin anyways.
    i see that you have been banned so this response is moot, but for those of you who don't know, most sites don't care about an IP address change (i asked this a few months ago when moving in to my dorm), they only notice if there is an IP change accompanied by email address change and/or password change, suggesting that the account was traded. hope this helps

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    well the OP is dead . :|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast