Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I move...

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    I plan to move within 6 months, and since I get the pleasure of seeing traders get banned for IP changes, I'm wondering how I should do this. I'm on maybe 10 trackers, so I was thinking of writing in my profile, Moving within 6 months. I'm wondering if those disables are instant on IP range change if so I'd have to go to IRC and talk to an admin anyways.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Just check with the individual sites.... Most of them don't even care. And since all of your other info is the same, ie email, log in stuff etc, you can easily prove that its you.

The Spirit of Something Greater

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    trackers dont ban u for an ip change but may if you are moving from one country to other than it may be a problem
    Last edited by dave12; 12-05-2007 at 01:58 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    I don't want to give too many details here, but I'm moving just a few states away within the United States. E-mail, login, password = all the same.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dcliffnotes's Avatar AmericanPinoyGuammie BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    id say just talk to the staff of each tracker. they should understand. some dont care about ip change and some are really strict, so be careful.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    some trackers like bitmetv are very strict about ip changes. but they are very few in no. just go to the irc channel and tell them in advance. if they have auto disable scripts for ip changes, the admins will surely reenable you. play safe - inform in advance

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    dont worry about it bro. 1 ip change in 6 months is nothin

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Aye... I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just as long as you don't go changing your email and password along with the IP change everything should be fine.

If you still feel uncomfortable though, or if you think the staff is really strict, then talk with them in IRC.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    YoYoY's Avatar Am Livin' It BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I just hope you don't cancel your moving because of torrent sites

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYoY View Post
    I just hope you don't cancel your moving because of torrent sites
    no i wouldn't advise doing that lol that would make u kind of addicted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast