Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the FASTEST guitar player?

Yeah, they should check how fast someone can shred something with some tune/melody instead of blindly picking strings, like typing tests where they measure the speed based on typing some words/passages instead of blindly tapping keys.

I think michael angelo is the fastest shredder, but I like buckethead the most because of his soulful shredding (not true for all his songs though)

2. Music   -   #42
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarter View Post
    Slash from Guns n' Roses.
    No.

The thread starter said fastest, I can play as fast if not faster than slash cann(last time I checked Slash didn't do sweeps, so yes, I can play faster than he can in some aspects), I don't get why people are so obsessed with a GnR guitarist, yea he was great and probably still is, but no where near the fastest. Not even on the top 1000 list (for fastest), there are a lot of guitarists out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Morer View Post
    Yeah, they should check how fast someone can shred something with some tune/melody instead of blindly picking strings, like typing tests where they measure the speed based on typing some words/passages instead of blindly tapping keys.

I think michael angelo is the fastest shredder, but I like buckethead the most because of his soulful shredding (not true for all his songs though)
    Angelo isn't the fastest, stage antiques are his forte.

Buckethead, shit forgot about that guy, not in the top 5 for fastest, but damn he can play, probably ranked number 6 or 7 if the list was a top 10.

And your idea about playing a passage is kind of flawed, if a test similar to the one you're suggesting was administered to a bunch of guitarist the results would be worthless. Every guitarist out there has a different learning curve for learning a short (or long) piece of music. So I'm not sure how one would devise a "speed" test for guitar.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-07-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #43
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think someone already mentioned him but Alvin Lee from Ten Years After has to be one of the fastest guitar players in Rock. I would imagine there is someone faster (there is always someone faster) but Alvin probably had the greatest critical acclaim of the really fast guitarists.

Clapton, Hendrix, Page, even Peter Green and numerous others probably have a greater stake in the all time greatest guitarist claim but Lee certainly was quicker.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Music   -   #44
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    I think someone already mentioned him but Alvin Lee from Ten Years After has to be one of the fastest guitar players in Rock. I would imagine there is someone faster (there is always someone faster) but Alvin probably had the greatest critical acclaim of the really fast guitarists.

Clapton, Hendrix, Page, even Peter Green and numerous others probably have a greater stake in the all time greatest guitarist claim but Lee certainly was quicker.
    I know whom you talk of, and I agree. He was the pick of the crop from the guitarist you listed, he wasn't by any means "great", but he sure was fast.

It's a shame not many people know of him and instead always talk about how Van Halen was/is god.....Alvin Lee can play circles around Halen, Clapton, Hendrix or Page, and those guys were guitar gods (of sorts), so that's saying a lot! I was watching "night of the guitars" on youtube a few weeks ago, great great guitarist.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-07-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Music   -   #45
    Malmsteen

6. Music   -   #46
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It's definitely not Herman Li... Dragonforce can't play live period. I have no idea how they originally got the intro to through the fire and flames recorded (let alone the solos), but in concert they have to dub it on a synthesizer. I suspect they did multiple takes until he finally successfully hit the pattern, and then just looped it a few times to complete the intro sequence.

I'd agree with Michael Angelo... and John Petrucci definately has some quick moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. Music   -   #47
    THEWHO27's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    two of my all time fav hendrix & eddie van halen

8. Music   -   #48
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Wrong thread. Fastest post swapper.
    Last edited by bigboab; 04-13-2008 at 10:01 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Music   -   #49
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I really like this lad.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGujRQh1FBU[/youtube]

-bd

10. Music   -   #50
    One of the fastest, and best in metal today has to be Zakk Wylde.

For Alt., I gotta give to Mike Einziger. He may not play the fastest, but he's one of the most creative.
    Last edited by M3dium; 04-23-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast