Thread: Starts quite well

Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Date: 06/10/2007
    Dear Nationwide's Internet Banking Holder,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we were unable to verify your account information. This might be due to either one of the following reasons: 1. A recent change in your personal information (ie change of address). 2. Submitting invalid information during the initial enrollment process. 3. An inability to accurately verify your account information due to an internal error within our processors.

Then kind of loses the plot

We demand that you take 5 minutes out of your online experience and renew your records to avoid running into any future problems with the online service. However, failure to update your records will result in your account suspension. Once you have updated your account records your internet banking service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    This is a novel one

Dear Sir/Madam,

Barclays Bank PLC. always look forward for the high security of our clients. Some customers have been receiving an email claiming to be from Barclays advising them to follow a link to what appear to be a Barclays web site, where they are prompted to enter their personal Online Banking details. Barclays is in no way involved with this email and the web site does not belong to us.

Barclays is proud to announce about their new updated secure system. We updated our new SSL servers to give our customers a better, fast and secure online banking service.

Due to the recent update of the servers, you are requested to please update your account info at the following link.

https://update.barclays.co.uk/olb/p/LoginMember.do

*Important*
    We have asked few additional information which is going to be the part of secure login process. These additional information will be asked during your future login security so, please provide all these info completely and correctly otherwise due to security reasons we may have to close your account temporarily.

J. S. Smith
    Security Advisor
    Barclays Bank PLC.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Have you updated them

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Fucking right. I'm not taking any chances.

Lucky I did as well, my wages haven't turned up in the bank this month.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    Ha I get a lot of thoes from paypal. Which I know there not. Feel sorry for the people who get hooked.
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don't. They're morons.