the question is:
    what is the meaning of life?

3. Lounge   -   #103
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    stephen kings -it
    cuz that's is the scarest damn clown ever

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Poster
    About a half mile north of where the old firestation used to be before I torched it to a pile of smoldering ash
    Well after looking over all 7 pages I'm quite disappointed that two awsome series of books didn't appear:

The first is Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series. Its kindof like The Lord of the Rings in the sence that its in the midevil age but there is a lot of magic and extreamly deep story line.

The second is Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. While I haven't read much of this one, what I've heard from others is it is very good.

Each of these series has over 6000 pages of text which makes for a nice LONG story.

P.S. These books are just my own damn opinion but, if you don't like em too damn bad.

5. Lounge   -   #105
    Poster
    A Scientific Romance (Ronald Wright)

An englishman discovers H.G. Wells' tim machine and travels 500 years into the future where he finds all of London to be deserted.

I loved this book. Wright thought of every detail about time travel. Truely a great science fiction novel.

6. Lounge   -   #106
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Originally posted by quiksilver_aus@17 December 2003 - 02:29
    A Scientific Romance (Ronald Wright)

An englishman discovers H.G. Wells' tim machine and travels 500 years into the future where he finds all of London to be deserted.

I loved this book. Wright thought of every detail about time travel. Truely a great science fiction novel.
    ooh yah forgot that 1 i agree i love that story what made me want to create my own anime's cartoons ,most of my stuff is based upon the future

7. Lounge   -   #107
    The Dragonlance series is great and so is Lord of The Rings - a book that can bring you to just say WoW!

8. Lounge   -   #108
    66 seperate books....
    come on man, you're getting a little too technical.
    Either way the Bible tells an epic story as a whole and not in separate parts.
    It would be like taking chapters out of a book.
    Regardless its the greatest story ever told.

Yeah...Catcher in the Rye, great book.
    And the fact that it has been linked to deranged minds means some of us are some very sick individauls.

But to be honest, I've read a slew of books both ancient and modern, and it seems the books I read when I was younger have stuck with me the longest. I often think about Childhood's End and When the Legends Die. They may not be the best but they are some good books.

9. Lounge   -   #109
    Originally posted by Aphelos@18 December 2003 - 04:40
    66 seperate books....
    come on man, you're getting a little too technical.
    Either way the Bible tells an epic story as a whole and not in separate parts.
    It would be like taking chapters out of a book.
    Regardless its the greatest story ever told.

Yeah...Catcher in the Rye, great book. 
    And the fact that it has been linked to deranged minds means some of us are some very sick individauls.

But to be honest, I've read a slew of books both ancient and modern, and it seems the books I read when I was younger have stuck with me the longest.  I often think about Childhood's End and When the Legends Die.  They may not be the best but they are some good books.
    Green Eggs and Ham
    SMARTY SMARTY HAD A PARTY NOBODY CAME BUT SMARTY

10. Lounge   -   #110
    R folks talking about the greatest books written here or merely their favorite books written?

Hey, I could probably count many of the books listed in this thread as favorites, but I guess I'm a bit old school. I mean can u really compare most of the books mentioned with greats like The Brothers Karamazov, Odyssey, or Don Quixote? Just a thought.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011