Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a more arty tracker?

I'm trying to find a torrent community that is more dedicated to the more artistic side, like art/photography/filmmaking/music playing/dancing, things like that. Not just computer graphic/3d modelling etc.

Any recommendation?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by groovycat View Post
    I'm trying to find a torrent community that is more dedicated to the more artistic side, like art/photography/filmmaking/music playing/dancing, things like that. Not just computer graphic/3d modelling etc.

Any recommendation?
    kg

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    GFXNews is a top notch for computer graphics, 3d modelling etc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    That's not quite what he wants.
    He wants a tracker with a community of artists, and musicians, and not just techy people.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by groovycat View Post

Any recommendation?
    kg

Hi polarbear you mean Karagarga? I thought its just a classic movie community?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yes he means karagarga. its a communty of art movie lovers. no mainstream.hollywood movies there.
    gfxnews is great if 3D/graphics, photography is what you looking for. but for arts like craft, painting etc. theres not much you can do with torrents. you can find plenty of non torrent communites for those where you can display your work or just discuss about it

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Thank you Bikernin. Yes I belong to plenty of art community already. But I think, more than anything, art & culture stuff should be preserved and shared the most. There's are plenty of things come in sharable files:

- High-res Art/photography print/art film
    - Art/photography/painting/filmmaking instruction
    - Art/photography documentary
    - Biography & analysis
    - Rare books
    - Contemporary art magazine

I belong to GFXNews already, i think its probably doing very well in this section but I would love if there's a dedicated community. If anyone thinking of opening one then give me a shout ^^ I would gladly help

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yea i do agree with you that art/culture needs to be preserved. but if you can openly share these things on the internet, noone will open a torrent community for it. many of the things you specified can be found on gfxnews. you can find excellent documentaries on KG. a dedicated community will be great but i doubt if anyone will be interested

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    BitMe is great for that stuff. As is torrents.org
    Now go away.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    i wish i have bitme too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast